Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] Last open folder not remembered when opening old formats levels  (Read 2098 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
the editor remembers you're last directory when opening regular levels (which is commonplace and good) but it does not when opening old LVL files. Meaning if you want to go through a list of old levels, open them all and look at them it gets very tedious; having to re-navigate the folder every time. Could this possibly be fixed??
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:13:57 PM by namida »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: opening old levels
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 08:50:27 AM »
the editor remembers you're last directory when opening regular levels (which is commonplace and good) but it does not when opening old LVL files. Meaning if you want to go through a list of old levels, open them all and look at them it gets very tedious; having to re-navigate the folder every time. Could this possibly be fixed??

Put the old levels into a temporary nxp pack and do a pack conversion. The old tools are still on the NL website.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »
If you are talking about the levels from the old vanilla Lemmix database, then I do have them all converted into the newest nxlv-format. I just haven't released them yet, because only half of them are tested and I am constantly forgetting about them :(. It it helps, I can attach them. Just be warned that a lot of them still need some adjustments.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:17:58 PM »
Workaround: Put a random NXLV file in that folder, and open it. After that, it should be defaulting to that directory? (Disclaimer: I'm assuming this based on what's described here, I didn't actually test it.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 11:57:23 PM »
If you are talking about the levels from the old vanilla Lemmix database, then I do have them all converted into the newest nxlv-format. I just haven't released them yet, because only half of them are tested and I am constantly forgetting about them :(. It it helps, I can attach them. Just be warned that a lot of them still need some adjustments.

No, I'm actually referring to my own old levels which I haven't converted yet.

Workaround: Put a random NXLV file in that folder, and open it. After that, it should be defaulting to that directory? (Disclaimer: I'm assuming this based on what's described here, I didn't actually test it.)

This doesn't work either. For some reason opening an old level resets the menu no matter what.

I'll have to do a pack conversion
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 04:42:26 AM »
Bump, this should be something within my ability to fix in the editor, so I'll look at it in the near future.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed in commit B2FD8F2.
My Lemmings projects