Author Topic: [BUG][EXP-PLAYER] Lemming position not indicated in clear physics mode  (Read 1447 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Note that this bug is for the experimental version with the Shimmier, not the stable version.

In the stable version, when you mouseover a lemming in clear physics mode, a dot indicating the lemming's physics position appears below it. In the Shimmier experimental version, this dot is absent.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Well, I already noticed this in some levels, but only sporadically. The lemming position marker is certainly not completely absent from the experimental player, because I do get them in the first Nepsterlems level.
My current guess is: The bug is most likely not restricted to the experimental player, but I haven't yet found a reliable way to recreate it in the normal NeoLemmix player. My guess are problems with levels without hatches, while you haven't even played one level that has a hatch, or something like this.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Starting this level in editor playtest mode, with a copy of this level (filename unchanged) as the only level in the "levels" folder (and no subfolders) - which I only put there to get rid of the "No levels found" popup when playtesting* - consistently reproduces this bug, it seems. Even restarting the level several times does not fix the bug.

I'll try some other stuff, but wanted to get a copy of this level, as saved by the editor for playtest mode, attached first.

* I'd actually consider this a bug too, albeit an extremely minor one that most people will never encounter. This popup should not be shown when using playtest mode.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Okay, I can confirm this bug occurs in the stable version too.

A level that has no objects with a trigger area that's displayed in CPM, will always produce this bug. It doesn't seem to occur on levels that don't fit that criteria.

Since exits have displayed trigger areas, this bug should never arise in a real-world level. However, physics test or in-development levels - which especially the former is a particularly important scenario for the indicator - are fairly likely to encounter it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Commit 4128379 fixes this.
My Lemmings projects