Author Topic: Festival Millas 2018  (Read 8916 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Festival Millas 2018
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:18:50 PM »
Might as well get something in for the year of the dog.

This is a non-profit fan project for fans by fans, Milla and by extension Freedom Planet is Property of GalaxyTrail, Sabrina DiDuro, and ZiyoLing.
Lemmings is Property of Sony. Please support the official releases, even if you don't want to.

Barely was able to finish this before 2018 ended but yeah, here it is.

The holidays are almost over but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this. Go through four ranks of wintry levels with two new sets to boot.
Release Video

Malamig (Cold in Filipino)

"Familiar Territory" The easiest of the ranks of course. very easy going levels.

Serbidora (Nippy in Filipino)

"Invasion on the Highway" The rank that of course test your skill on the pack. Don't expect it to be easy. This is the Halayangube set, A set based on the Philippines.

Mayelo (Frosty in Filipino)

"Public Art Gallery" Now it gets bitter, Nothing will prepare you for whats to come from the harsh weather ahead.

Artiko (Arctic in Filipino)

"Stop Motion Christmas Special" The coldest battle of wits, these levels will not pull any punches and will show you that this pack will mean business. Best of Luck if you make it this far.

Credits
Sprites
Plom510

Sprite Rips
Ramona

Music
Woofle
Timofetus (Pre-V3)
Nekomata Master
TAG
Various Mod Archive Artists (I've borrowed some stuff from Reunion so uh, Thanks Ichotolot)

Level Design
GigaLem
Plom510
Nessy

Talismans
Ichotolot

Change Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Older/depreciated Downloads

Downloads

The Level pack (Extract into the NeoLemmix Folder)
The Music (Extract into the music folder)

Anyways enjoy

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Festival Millas 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »
These levels look very nice, good job! :thumbsup:

I will try and give the pack a shot over the next days. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »
I've found some time and played through Artiko. Some really good levels there :thumbsup:, but I think I found a few dirty backroutes as well. :evil:

My favorites would be level 5 and especially 7! :thumbsup: I also really enjoyed the music track that plays on those 2 levels + the lemmings metal track in the final one.

You should add to the styles download description that the soundfiles in there need to go into the sound folder though. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »
Finished Mayelo and attached my replays. :)

I think I found a few more backroutes in here. ;)

2 and 5 were my favorites out of these 8. :thumbsup:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »
Thanks for playing IchoTolot! :)

Artiko 6 is a backroute as predicted :P

Artiko 7 is 100% intended. Well done! Also very glad you enjoyed this one :thumbsup:

Everything else is GigaLem's or Plom's levels.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 04:33:45 PM »
Played the first 2 ranks now and therefore finished the pack. :)

Some really nice puzzles there as well. :thumbsup: Obviously a few backroutes were found, too. :evil:

I've noticed that 01 06 (Night in the Garden) has no custom music track.

Also I think there was 1 instance where the same track was used in 2 levels right after each other. Maybe a swap-around would be good there.

I've attached my complete set of replays. :)

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 08:49:03 PM »
Really pretty and vivid levels here. I didn't dislike a single one of these puzzles. Nicely composed, with eye-catching tilesets and decoration, too. I particularly adore how Millas hop out of teleporters. :)

I've completed 75% of the levels - the intended way or otherwise. I've attempted to beat the rest, mostly. [attachment below]

Thanks for making this pack!

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 11:45:08 PM »
This pack has been updated
-Talismans Added
-Music Fixed
-Backroutes Fixed

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 07:59:46 PM »
Pack Updated to v2.1
-Talismans Fixed
-Added a new download link for the sets, I recommend grabbing those versions. It also has the sounds for the objects too
-Backroute Fixed on Go This-a-way then That-a-Way
-Fixed Play Bridge....Again so that it's no longer impossible without a backroute (should've checked that oversight)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »
As I intent this to be the follow up series after SEBlems, I want to upload my updated replays again to see if the solutions are acceptable. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 03:00:31 PM »
As I am cleaning up my replay library I thought I provide some help:

Levelpack is still possible with the new NL release.

Replays attached.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 12:37:39 AM »
Pack finally updated to version 3!

The long awaited NeoLemmix V12.11 Update is here, this update Remakes & Replaces levels to be more representative of my quality. The Older versions of levels or Replaced levels end up in the "Millas:Time Capsule" pack when that releases

-The following levels have been remade/reimagined/visually enhanced
Towards a new year 
Palace Invitation 
Assembly Single File 
Careful Christmas Crackers 
At the Speed of Lights 
At the Bath House 
Go This a way then That a way

-The following levels have been Replaced, Newer, better levels take their place
Play Bridge.....Again
Let's Play Wall
Be a Palace and help out
The Real Slim Shimmy
Unsafe Family Trip
Not Going Down without a Frostfight

-Difficulty has been adjusted with the Remakes and Replaces
-"End Rank" Talismans Added (Talismans on the last level of each rank)
-Music Pack now has proper looping for each song that needed it.
-All the necessary elements for the 12.11 Menus added, this also includes pre/post level screens, scrolling text at the bottom, Themed Talismans, and the buttons on the rank select
-New Final Level has a new Song

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 10:43:04 AM »
Hi Gigalem/Plom510/Nessy,

I have completed the pack. I have attached my replays. Also, here's the link to the LP in case you're not aware of it (I know Gigalem is, since I told him and already linked it to him): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJt7wENx90nQRWtdAzjzjVp5. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback on the Pack

I really enjoyed this pack. In particular, it was quite a welcome sight to be playing easier levels for once. I came into the pack thinking it was going to be a really hard pack, if Gigalem's past packs are any indication. I'm certain I've played all of his packs, meaning I've played all of Gigalems, his ghost and zombie packs, and his two holiday packs for Old Formats NL. Save for Gigalems, all his packs were really hard, but I got through them all after much struggling.

Here, I guess while Festival Millas 2018 is on the easier side when it comes to level packs, its difficulty is only slightly higher than Gigalems. Mayelo 7 was the only level that needed more than one video to solve in my LP, but after I realized the solution it's not a very hard level at all, although I would say it's the hardest of the rank. Other than that, I would say not only was Artiko 5 the hardest of the rank, I think it's also the hardest level of the entire pack.

Most importantly, this was a deliberate choice of a pack to LP after Lemmings Destination, particularly since it's considerably shorter after I finished LPing the much larger former pack.

Also, thank you Gigalem for fixing the hard-to-notice skill selection color! :thumbsup: It really helped me get through the rest of my LP of the pack more easily :)

Malamig Rank Feedback

Lots of really great levels here, most of which were very well-designed!

Serbidora Rank Feedback

Only slightly harder levels here, but still easy ones.

Mayelo Rank Feedback

Levels are harder here than the previous two ranks, but still nothing over-the-top hard

Artiko Rank Feedback

Even harder levels, but there wasn't really anything too hard in this rank other than Artiko 5, which I argue is the hardest of the entire pack

Again, well done and thank you for this pack :) Look forward to when I LP Festival Millas 2019 and Festival Millas 2020 in the future, though it won't be for a while. In particular, I should probably wait for the rework/overhauls to be done first before LPing them, just like with this pack.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:04:51 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0