Author Topic: [NL 12.7.0+] Lemmings Destination [Difficulty: Medium-Very Hard]  (Read 16235 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NL 12.7.0+] Lemmings Destination [Difficulty: Medium-Very Hard]
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 10:32:07 PM »
Xenon rank completed, so I'm back with more replays and feedback.

Xenon Rank Feedback

While I kind of breezed through the first 3 ranks of the pack, the Xenon rank was where solving times finally slowed considerably for me, as there were a lot of difficult levels for me. I think what happened was that I did ok for the first 5 levels or so, and then it came to the point where I could only get 1 or 2 levels solved per video, as well as multiple levels needing more than one video to solve. Luckily, I haven't had to switch to off-camera time yet (I start doing this if I'm not able to get the same level solved after two recorded videos), but this might start becoming true for some Radon levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So far, I've only played and solved the first 4 levels of Radon, and I got to say so far save for Radon 3 all of them were favorites with me. Nothing too difficult in the rank yet, but I'm sure that will change shortly. Yup, this pack is definitely many times better than Migration :thumbsup: I'm just surprised at how fast I'm breezing through the pack.

I'll be back with more replays and feedback once I finish the Radon rank! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 11:02:16 PM »
Radon rank completed! More replays and feedback, as usual.

Truthfully, I actually found the Radon rank somewhat easier than the Xenon rank. I honestly thought I was going to be stuck even harder here in the rank than I was in the Xenon rank. Then again, to be fair, I likely still found a lot of backroutes in the Radon rank :P

All that remains is the Synthetic rank. I can't imagine this one taking a very long time, so I might be able to finish it later tonight and hence the LP of the pack. Or, if not, then sometime tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2021, 10:14:13 PM »
Hi Nessy,

And, Synthetic rank completed and hence I have solved all of Lemmings Destination v1.2. I have attached my entire replay collection for the pack. As I have already given feedback on all the other ranks, this post will be feedback for the Synthetic rank.

Synthetic Rank Feedback

Wow, these contest levels were really good. Before I played this rank, the only contest levels of yours I have played from a while ago were "Excavation Site" (currently the final level of Lemmings Migration, which I LPed almost a year ago) and "Abandoned Memory" (LDC #21). I've also played your LDC #22 contest level from a few months ago, but it's not in this rank, and I believe the reason for that is simply due to the pack being released long before you made your R1 for LDC #22.

In contrast to the 5 main ranks of the pack, the rank already starts off with a high difficulty. As a matter of fact, I consider Synthetic 9 as the only easy level of the rank. The rest of them were quite challenging. Also, it seems that the levels here were simply ordered from oldest contest to most recent contest.

Overall, excellent job on a very well-done pack! :thumbsup: Lemmings Destination is just many times better than Migration, and now that I have solved the entire pack, I declare Destination a big favorite pack of mine! :) This definitely earns a spot on my list of all-time favorite level packs. I am surprised that I didn't struggle with Destination as I thought I would, considering that I really struggled with Migration. Then again, it's almost been a year since I LPed Migration, and I have LPed many level packs between doing Migration and now just finishing Destination. So, perhaps it's all the experience I've gained from LPing all those level packs? Or, perhaps more likely, it's due to how I'm very used to your style of small to medium size levels with very minimal skillsets to create a deceivingly difficult level even though it's almost been a year since I played Migration. Besides Migration, there were only 3 other contest levels of yours I have played. Now that I've played through all of the Synthetic rank, I have now officially played all of your contest levels at least once. If playing your most recent contest entries is any indication, I know they're hard, but I didn't think your really early ones would be very difficult as well! So, it seems that you were always really good with making very hard levels from the get-go. Not a bad thing at all, at least with me, as I love difficult levels, especially the good kind of difficult, where they're very satisfying to sit through and figure out.

I hope you're doing well and that you have been enjoying the LP of your pack if you been watching. I look forward to comments on my solutions if you're planning on doing so, and I hope that follows through with Migration as well. I'm always more than happy to give level designers feedback as well. With this LP, we now officially have one full complete playthrough of Lemmings Destination online! :thumbsup:

Hope to see you at future Jackbox sessions as well. It was great fun having you with us in the previous session :)