Lemmings Boards > Tech & Research

Extract the graphics from the Mac version of Lemmings?

(1/2) > >>

eisnerguy1:
I hope this is the correct spot for this.  I was wondering if there was a tool that would extract the graphics from the Mac version of Lemmings?  I've been playing the Christmas Lemmings (92, 93 & 94) during the holiday and wanted to see if I could extract the graphics.

namida:
I'm not sure how much is known about the Mac version internally.

If it uses the same level file format as other versions, a last resort option would be to create custom levels which contain all pieces (without them overlapping) and take screenshots to extract the graphics from.

Strato Incendus:
I've been wanting to suggest this for a while now, however not with regard to Christmas Lemmings, but to original Lemmings: The Fire tileset has a slightly different looking exit in the Mac version. It looks more like an actual gnawer / rodent, not like a devil.

For example (skip to "A task for blockers and bombers"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rB-4Lk7Qk

Ryemanni:
Interesting! I didn't know there were some slight differences. If I can somehow get this version working, I can at least rip the fire exit.

ccexplore:

--- Quote from: Strato Incendus on December 30, 2018, 10:45:35 AM ---I've been wanting to suggest this for a while now, however not with regard to Christmas Lemmings, but to original Lemmings
--- End quote ---

Oh, you shouldn't have waited so long!  I already extracted the Mac graphics for original Lemmings ages back, see this topic for download link.  It includes all terrain, objects as well as the lemmings animations.

--- Quote from: eisnerguy1 on December 29, 2018, 03:38:22 AM ---I was wondering if there was a tool that would extract the graphics from the Mac version of Lemmings?
--- End quote ---

I wrote one a long while back (more than 5 years ago at least, if not 10) but IIRC the program was hard-coded to the specifics of Mac Lemmings (ie. vs ONML or the Xmas/Holiday Lemmings).  Unfortunately it was all on an old, long since defunct laptop that I only made rather spotty backups from, so I'm not sure if I still have the source code for the program anymore, nor any notes I've taken about the technical details for the ripping.  (Furthermore, my notes often can be as spotty and incomplete as the backups.) :-[ The tool is also written to run on Windows (I don't have a Mac nor the tools to program on it).

If I manage to find the old stuff from my backups and the materials recovered are sufficiently complete, I'll let you know what I need from you to try to get it to work on other Mac Lemmings games.  But it's all a very big IF at this time so please don't get your hopes up, sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version