Lemmings Boards > Fan Corner

Careless strolling

(1/2) > >>

Voxy:
Hello all! Before anything, I feel like I should introduce myself. I'm Voxy, a 20 year old aspiring UI and webdesigner from Belgium. I have fond memories of Lemmings, back when I'd play it for hours on end on my sister's PSP. The recent mobile released brought those back, though I (just like a lot of you, I assume) was very disappointed by the way it was handled.

Buuut, if there's one thing I like about this game, it's the art style. I just like it a ton, it feels like a modern take on the Amiga graphics, and while the actual level assets are kinda generic, the promotional artwork makes me wish there was a fan engine that actually supports high-definition graphics so that we could get a game that'd look as good. <3

Anyways, enough rambling. As you can probably tell, all that inspired me to open Photoshop and get drawing for a few hours. It ended up being a mixture of the new style and the Team 17 one, but I think it turned out great. I did rush the cliffside because it was awfully late and I really wanted to finish this piece, but it does the job. Hope you'll like it!

Ryemanni:
Welcome to the forums Voxy! :thumbsup: I must agree with you, the best part about the mobile game is how Lemmings look like. They're really cute and clean, and much better looking than the previous playstation era design.

GigaLem:
This is pretty amazing, not often that we get professionals here. And one who have more positive thing to say about the recent mobile game.
The artstyle could work if it had the soul of the original game style to go with it if you ask me. But if anything Welcome aboard! We hope you enjoy it here we got plent of lemmings to go around, heck you can even take stab at making a graphic set yourself for Neolemmix here. If you so wish that is ;)

Simon:
Very nice! Happy to have you on the forums.

-- Simon

Voxy:
Thank you for the warm welcome! Really happy you enjoyed my fan-art. I plan on making some more overtime, perhaps I'll develop this style a little!

--- Quote from: GigaLem on December 24, 2018, 08:07:25 AM ---you can even take stab at making a graphic set yourself for Neolemmix here. If you so wish that is ;)

--- End quote ---

I'm actually considering it, the thing is, I haven't really looked too deep into it and I'm unsure if the engine would support the features needed for my ideal Lemmings graphics set. (Alpha blending for smoother edges, high framerate for animations, high definition graphics, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version