Author Topic: [Suggestion][Editor] Bring back the option of PNG export  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[Suggestion][Editor] Bring back the option of PNG export
« on: October 17, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
In Old Formats you could save level images as PNGs. Is this option still available and am I merely too dumb to find it? If it has been removed, why? Everyone likes to spice up their pack release topics with images of select levels ;) .

Yes, you can create them with the Snipping Tool, but those tend to get much larger in size (as I've learned right after releasing Paralems last year). And level images in a thread are pretty pointless if you have to hide them in spoiler tags or scroll so far to the right that you can't read the rest of the post.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion][Editor] Bring back the option of PNG export
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:46:55 PM »
I thing pressing "I" in the player also works to get level images.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:14:06 PM »
Ah, okay, thanks for the tip! ;) That isn't listed among the hotkeys in the editor, though. I deliberately looked again this time whether I could fine anything along those lines ;) , since I overread the duplicate function (pressing C in the editor) just recently.

So the suggestion would then be to add "I: export level image as PNG" to the hotkeys in the respective menu of the editor. It is listed in the player as "Save image", but not in the editor.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »
This is a (configurable) hotkey of the NeoLemmix player, and as such listed there as the hotkey for exporting level images.
The editor itself does not (yet) have such a function, and as such the hotkey is missing in the list there. As we already have a way to export images via playing/playtesting the level, I do consider this feature to be low-priority.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 03:53:00 AM »
In addition to saving images from the preview screen or in-game, I've re-implemented the "mass image dump" feature for the next update. This allows you to press F6 while on a pack's title screen, to dump an image of all levels in that pack.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)