NeoLemmix > NeoLemmix Levels

Integral Lemmings

<< < (2/9) > >>

IchoTolot:
I solved the pack and hui the Delta rank was quite a challenge. ;)

I've attached my full set of replays.

Feedback (I left the timer issue out for the most part here):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Epsilon 1: A very nice start that immidiatly indicates that this pack is no pushover. :thumbsup: I also spotted similarities to my level creation style here in the point of larger landscpes with lower skill density + I also used that nice builder trick quite a few times myself. ;)

Epsilon 2: "We all fall down" cheeky version. ;)   Nice level if my solution is not a backroute.

Epsilon 3: I like the idea here of the exits being safety nets and obstacels at the same time. :) I would put the upper right hatch holding area like 4 pixels lower as I ran into quite a few precise situations where the miner splatted but not the crowd. This precision there could be eased.

Epsilon 4: I don't know if everything is intended here, but it was a nice level anyway. :P

Epsilon 5: Oh, I get "Controlled Release" flashbacks from my Reunion pack here! ;)   I loved this one! :thumbsup:

Epsilon 6: This I would call very high art! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 2 very similar setups, but the twist on the right is brilliant! :thumbsup:

Epsilon 7: Good level, but I must say I am a bit more found of the other ones so far. ;)

Epsilon 8: Talisman unlocked! ;) I think I used the trick you had in mind to get it.

Epsilon 9: The only level worthyof the timer! + and it's a very good one. :thumbsup: You really have to manage which crowd does what here.

Epsilon 10: That little trick on the right inspires me for an own level. ;) A very good rank finisher. :thumbsup:

Delta 1: That was quite a hard nut! But after remembering Lemmings turn inside terrain I saw the trick, nice level. :thumbsup: The trick is a bit precise but I think it's totally acceptable.

Delta 2: Excellent solution, but a very tight timing at the end there (if my solution is acceptable). I still enjoyed it a lot though. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Delta 3: And another trick I learned today in terms of creating a basher extension. ;)  Thanks for showing me this :thumbsup: I might have some ideas of my own ;)

Delta 4: Nice solution, but some timings here with the first miner/cloner combo could be eased with a slower RR or less walking time for the gliders. :)

Delta 5: And you just blew my mind here :lem-mindblown: The solution is nearly timing and precision free and just plain excellent. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: But I see some people raging at it because they try fiddly things, can't solve it and get angry. Don't let them doubt you on this level,I would even call it LOTY contest finalist worthy! :8():

Delta 6: First I thought, oh this will be a fiddly annoying to time solution, but as I saw this I am proven wrong. ;) Although I might raise the save requirement a bit to filter out a few more solutions.

Delta 7: Am excellent and elegant 1 of everything level! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Delta 8: I found a weak link in the pack ;) Here I must say if (this was what you aimed at) it is way too heavy on the builder side and most of the level is just plain building up. But this coud be a backroute. ;P

Delta 9: I don't know if this was intended, but it's very tight on the timing. Still a good level though, although I would remove like 2-3 builders and thighten the gap to the exit accordingly. :)

Delta 10: This was a bit too much on the fiddly side for me, although still ok. I 100% would remove the timer here! ;)

All in all this jumps right up into my favorite packs list :thumbsup: and the things I learned could inspire me to create a few more levels for my United pack, which comes slowly close to completion now. ;)

∫tan x dx:
Hi everybody!

Thank you all so, so much for all of your kind words! This is indeed a lovely community! :thumbsup:

I've uploaded a version 2 of integral lemmings based on the feedback I have received so far.
See the op for the change log and updated download link.

A word of warning, those who have found backroutes to levels will have to retry them, although I'm sure they still won't pose too much of a challenge to you crafty folk! ;)

namida:
I checked over my replays in the new version. Any I don't mention, my old replay still works.

Epsilon 2: Only took some minor tweaks to make my solution work again.
Epsilon 4: Here, too, it just took some slight tweaks to get my solution to work again.
Epsilon 8: I didn't try the talisman again yet, but I think I know the general idea - it's still pretty much the same thing, just a lot more frustrating to execute.
Epsilon 10: Okay, this feels intended. That's a really good level!

IchoTolot:
I've updated my replays.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Epsilon 2: Now this seems way more elegant, although I saved a builder. ;)

Epsilon 4: Either this is a more optimised version of the intended route where I saved an extra lem and an exploder+floater or a horrible backroute. I would lower the very right white platform by 2 pixels and move it 4 to the right, this way the gap between the red blocks and the white platform itself is clearer.

Epsilon 6: That's also an awesome trick here! :thumbsup:  But I would lower both platforms by ~ 2 pixels. Another solution is just blocked currently. I've built from the very right in the right crowd 2 builders upwards and then tried to drop down the left crowd on that platform. This is JUST splatheight. Lowering the platforms by 2 pixels would make it clearer that this doesn't work.

Epsilon 8: I think this is more what you had in mind for the talisman. ;)

Epsilon 10: Just very small asjustments needed.

Delta 8: This plays way better now! :thumbsup:

namida:

--- Quote ---IchoTolot re Epsilon 6 (click to show/hide)I've built from the very right in the right crowd 2 builders upwards and then tried to drop down the left crowd on that platform. This is JUST splatheight.
--- End quote ---

I tried this initially too, figured out it didn't work, then came up with an alternate approach. I don't think two pixels will indicate it very clearly in this case - it's still splat height at the top of the bridge (yet close enough to it that it isn't clearly so without testing or using the distance ruler) either way, while still 24 ~ 26 pixels more from the very bottom. It needs to be moved down by significantly more than that if the intent is to clearly communicate "this is splat height". With that being said - finding that it was splat height didn't invalidate my whole solution, what I did on the other half of the level still remained part of my final solution, so it is one of the less critical cases of this IMO.

I also solved Delta 1. This feels extremely backroutey, but I can't see any other way to solve it.
EDIT: Solved Delta 2. I could see this one being either intended or backroute, not sure. If it's intended, great level.

Spoilers re Delta 2's solution (click to show/hide)I have to ask, was this in some way inspired by Panic Attack from Lemmings Plus II, given similarities in both the name and solution (Panic Attack also heavily relies on diggers to remove thin vertical walls)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version