Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Help a scrub solve levels!

(1/3) > >>

nin10doadict:
I believe it's well known at this point that I'm not particularly good at this game. Many a custom level has stumped me. Instead of just giving up though like I've done before, I'd actually like to beat these levels. I cannot do it alone, I admit. So, I invite you all to lend me a hand!

I realize I could just look up replays or solutions, but that's not nearly as fun or flexible as getting hints. I could also PM the level creator and just ask them, but I dinna wanna do that either. ;P This way gives a chance for even those who haven't solved the level to give input. Two heads are better than one and all that jazz.

I'll post a video of the level that's currently driving me up the wall, detailing what progress (if any) I've made on it. Leave a hint or suggestion in the comments of the video or just reply on this topic.

After I solve the level and get stuck on another, the video will be deleted and I will edit this topic to post a new one.

:devil: Today's Target :devil:
Nothing right now.

:thumbsup: Levels solved so far with help :thumbsup:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Dareful Drop (Part II). [Lemmings Plus VI Delirious 12]Spoiler (click to show/hide)What really got my goat about this one is how I had it mostly figured out except that I was trying to bomb the stairs from above when you have to bomb them from below. I didn't know this so the level paddled my rear for an hour as I fiddled with literally everything else. A good level, but my experience ended up highly frustrating. :evil:The Highbridge (Part II). [Lemmings Plus VI: Delirious 19]Spoiler (click to show/hide)Solid level. The final piece was figuring out to use the second stacker to allow the crowd to be released at the precise moment.

Nessy:
Watched your video on "Dareful Drop (Part II)"

Okay so I am kind of bad at giving hints so I just hope they end up good instead of really bad :8():

Spoiler (click to show/hide)You are actually more on track than you think!

The general areas that you are using the skills in are correct so far... except for one specific skill where the placement needs to be changed a little.

namida:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)You're very much on the right track. There's only one skill you need to adjust slightly, and the rest should fall into place quite nicely.

Bigger hint (click to show/hide)The builder is the skill you need to move slightly. But, only slightly.

nin10doadict:
...Nope, still not enough. I'm gonna need more than that. I've tweaked everything. The platformer, the builder, the timing of the floaters, the release rate. Nothing works. This level is just so absurdly precise.

namida:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)You need to start the builder a bit earlier, so that the end of the bridge, or at least close to the end of it, is under the end of the platform.

Further hint (click to show/hide)Note that you are NOT wrong about that the builder needs to be turned by a blocker. The last few bricks just need to also be under the end of the platform.
Very big hint (click to show/hide)The most important trick of all is that the bomber, as well as making the fall safe, also creates a small hole in this bridge so the lemmings can get down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version