Author Topic: Google Moon  (Read 7435 times)

Google Moon
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:10:31 PM »
http://moon.google.com

If nothing else, try zooming all the way in...... ;)

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Re: Google Moon
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:32:06 PM »
Lol, It looks like swiss cheese. X_X

Conway

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 01:19:57 AM »
So that's what the moon is made of!

tumble_weed

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 01:40:17 AM »
:P yep my dad showed me that

AstralLemming

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 05:56:16 PM »
Something tells me they did the cheese thing as a joke.

drumnbach

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 08:08:01 PM »
I\ve just carried out some research, and found that the moon really isn\t made out of cheese. Astounding. It really is testament to the greatness of modern science that we can render old ideas obsolete as fast as we do. But how can comprehensive schools be expected to keep up with such radical ideas as a rocky moon, and how can people like me who have been educated classically, be expected to comprehend such a devastatingly different idea as a moon that is not dairy-based?

Indeed, science is a double-edged blade.

tumble_weed

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 09:48:09 AM »
I agree, it took some getting used to but now I have finally adjusted to this new scientific discovery!

But it still doesn't answer the question of where cheese comes from? If it doesn't come from the moon, where does it come from?

AstralLemming

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 05:06:33 PM »
Milk.

drumnbach

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1121893855/0#6 date=1122544089
But it still doesn't answer the question of where cheese comes from? If it doesn't come from the moon, where does it come from?

You are quite justified in your bamboozlement. Astral\s answer only gets us so far, but this still leaves us mystified about the origins of milk itself. Perhaps it\s logical to assume that because cheese (and therefore milk) doesn\t come from our own moon, then it must come from the second nearest moon to us, which I believe is somewhere in the galaxy of Andromeda.

(Who remembers Astro Farm? It used to be on before Knightmare on Children's ITV)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 11:03:12 PM »
Did you know that there's not only Google Moon, but Google Earth, Google Maps, Googlefight, Google Video Viewer, Google Shopping called Froogle...

Google Earth is a program by the way... very very cool! B)
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

tumble_weed

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 09:00:19 AM »
yep :) I agree very cool...I was floating over france...I might have seen you....:P

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 11:36:37 PM »
Nope... because I'm living in Quebec! ;P
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

the guest

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 09:50:16 PM »
The biggest, stinkiest (hey, we're talking about a billion-year-old chunk of cheese) piece of cheese known to mankind now has a $100M pricetag (sort of) ;P:

http://www.cnn.com/money/2005/08/10/news/funny/moontrip/index.htm?cnn=yes

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »
A Russian cosmonaut as tour guide on a moon shuttle... Interesting. Has anyonee here ever seen the movie Armaggedon? It's a pretty good movie except for when Paris gets totally annhilated. Paris is cool! It get hit by a gigantic meteor and the shockwave it makes throws the land around like sand higher than the eiffel tower in comparison for miles around. If you had, you'd know why the Russian cosmonaut is interesting.

Milk comes from cows which then is turned into cheese.

...wait...this definitely would not last about two hundred years ago... Thinking that France and England are both awesome.