Author Topic: midi and graphics files  (Read 7617 times)

Offline wysiwyg

• View Profile
midi and graphics files
« on: October 25, 2005, 04:12:59 PM »
Hello,

Can anyone provide me with midi files for the original lemmings game (including the 'special levels'), Oh No more lemmings and lemmings 2?

I'm also looking for bmp's or style files of all the level types as well (I have some of them but a few aren't from the original games).

I've done some searching in the forums but can't find them on here anywhere (must be looking too hard lol)

Can anyone help?

JM

Re: midi and graphics files
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 05:08:39 PM »
Hey wysiwyg Welcome to the Lemmings Forums :)

I can provide you with graphics files for Custlemm and Lemedit. Add me on msn at thetransplants2@hotmail.com and I can send you some graphics and stuff :)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »
Ahribar has them, but they're really big files.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 06:45:19 PM »
Quote from: wysiwyg  link=1130256779/0#0 date=1130256779
I've done some searching in the forums but can't find them on here anywhere (must be looking too hard lol)

Actually, they really are not as widely available as you might think.

In particular, ONML MIDIs are almost nonexistent at this point, though I have been working on them on and off for someone else on this forum for the past 6 months or so.  Lemmings 1 MIDIs are readily available mainly because the Windows version of the game uses MIDIs.  Lemmings 2 MIDIs are also somewhat sparse but you should be able to find a few.

MODs are more widely available though.  I think Mindless uploaded a bunch.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 06:50:21 PM »
Yes, I've got all the style files. I can e-mail you pre-release versions if you like; I haven't released them yet because ccexplore was sequencing the MIDIs for me and hasn't quite finished. I've also got a couple of Lemmings 2 MIDIs that I'm not using in the styles; I can send those too if you like.

JM

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 06:58:50 PM »
wysiwyg are you making levels?

Offline wysiwyg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 07:08:32 PM »
Would be grateful if you would e-mail them me Ahribar. Thanks.

I am making levels, used to make them on Custlem but they were all on my old computer, so I ended up losing them.  :'(

I'll upload some sets when they're done though!

I have just noticed though that I can't get any music to play in the game. The music option is on, and they play ok using test in the editor. Anyone know whats wrong?

JM

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 07:29:40 PM »
Are you going to make Custlemm levels?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 11:29:59 PM »
Quote from: wysiwyg  link=1130256779/0#6 date=1130267312
I have just noticed though that I can't get any music to play in the game. The music option is on, and they play ok using test in the editor. Anyone know whats wrong?

Try downloading NoCDCustLemm. This is a hacked version of CustLemm where music is available. But only the 6 first songs of original lemmings are playing if I remember.

Just look at the corresponding topic.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 11:46:09 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover  link=1130256779/0#8 date=1130282999
Try downloading NoCDCustLemm. This is a hacked version of CustLemm where music is available. But only the 6 first songs of original lemmings are playing if I remember.

Actually, I think wysiwyg was talking about Cheapo not CustLemm, since (s)he said something about being able to test the music in the editor.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 01:56:02 PM »
Oh damn... I've haven't read about "test in the editor"! I'm always posting so fast before reading carefully! Sorry! :-[
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 02:40:29 PM »

That's quite strange, since the editor and the game uses almost identical methods for playing music.

Take a look at the Cheapo folder and see if you find a MIDI file named "TempMidi".  Try deleting that file and see if it helps any.  (The only difference is that the editor uses "MidiTemp" instead.)  The file does naturally arise when you play the game though, so I can't imagine why there'd be a problem.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 02:56:01 PM »
Try selecting "Game Options" (I think it's ctrl-O when you first open the game) and seeing if music is disabled.  :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 03:01:40 PM »
I have just noticed though that I can't get any music to play in the game. The music option is on

So you see, he did say the music option is on.

But it's still good to double-check that.  ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 11:20:09 PM »
Sue the dingo!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)