Shall the playing phase be shortened?

No, keep the current time period.
2 (20%)
Yes, shorten it by ~ half a month.
3 (30%)
Yes, shorten it by ~ a month.
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #15 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)  (Read 29104 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #15 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2018, 09:16:51 PM »
There's no obligation for everyone to enter every contest.

Perhaps one solution could be to run more than one contest concurrently. Not necesserially "there's always two going at a time", but perhaps the creation phase for the next contest could start when this one's voting phase begins, or something like that. This allows a more frequent schedule without rushing individual contests, especially since the voting phase doesn't really require much effort from either participants or voters - no further updates are being made (at least not publicly), and no further playing is generally needed.

I do also feel two months is a bit excessive for both phases, really, especially given that late entries are allowed these days. And it could become a problem when people are wanting to enter levels from upcoming packs - I had to think about whether or not to withdraw my level in case LPVI was ready sooner than expected, but the decision to make it 80 levels instead of 50-60 made this no longer an issue.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
I wish to withdraw my entries from the contest please.

EDIT: Nothing in the rules prevents me from doing this.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:25:09 PM by Flopsy »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2018, 01:17:04 AM »
Here are my solutions to the Doofus levels.  Good grief, those were marathons!  They were clever though... you had to pretty much work backwards to work out where you had to use Builders and, to a lesser extent, Bashers and where you could use workarounds that don't require them.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2018, 01:18:14 AM »

The rules don't state either that you can or that you can't withdraw, so I guess it'd be up to IchoTolot as the host to decide on that (but you may want to PM him, or at least mention it in the update topic rather than the discussion one). Although since it's still early enough in the contest that late entries are accepted, I'd find it hard to think of a reason not to allow withdrawals.

Perhaps a specific rule on this should be added for the future, too - if nothing else, just to make it completely clear that it is(n't) allowed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2018, 01:29:18 AM »

The rules don't state either that you can or that you can't withdraw, so I guess it'd be up to IchoTolot as the host to decide on that (but you may want to PM him, or at least mention it in the update topic rather than the discussion one). Although since it's still early enough in the contest that late entries are accepted, I'd find it hard to think of a reason not to allow withdrawals.

Perhaps a specific rule on this should be added for the future, too - if nothing else, just to make it completely clear that it is(n't) allowed.

Whether or not IchoTolot decides whether he will or he won't withdraw them, I will be withdrawing them anyway because the rules don't disallow it. I do not wish for the levels to be associated with the contest anymore. I had already posted this in the update topic anyway.

If there is no rule then there is nothing stopping me making this request.

I would not like any more replays submitted to this topic and I do not wish for any further feedback.

Furthermore, I wish for any upcoming YouTube videos (unless I approved them beforehand ;) ) or Streams featuring the contest levels to not include my levels in them.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2018, 03:26:35 AM »
I have solved IchoTolot's Rule 3 level, but I'm not sure if it's intended and I want to double check.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2018, 07:25:22 AM »
You could at least let me have my sleep before starting a heated discussion on this! It was nearly 2 am for me as the message appeared! :evil:

I have nothing against a withdraw and they are withdrawed from this point on.

@ Nessy your solution is 100% acceptable. :thumbsup:

As most people are for the shortening pf the phase, it will now be over on the 7th of September! I will be away at the start of the month so I don't get the chance to manage the phase switch there.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »
Here we are! I have solved every level in this contest with the exception of IchoTolot's Rule 1 levels. It has me defeated for now :XD:, but don't worry for it may have won the battle, but not the war yet!

I also couldn't solve Flopsy's Rule 1 entries yet, but since he withdrew his levels I guess technically IchoTolot's levels are the last pair to solve (and any possible backroutes included below :scared:)

I will also start my videos on this contest so look out for that if you're interested ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2018, 12:04:50 AM »

Intended solution to both of my levels.
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2018, 09:16:02 PM »
I finished Arty's Rule 1 levels.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
I finished namida's Rule 3 level.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:32 PM »
I finished Raymanni's Rule 2 level.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
I finished Crane's Rule 2 level.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »
I finished SQron188's Rule 2 level.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2018, 02:16:58 AM »
I finished Crane's Rule 2 level.
Perfect.  Amusing that you took EXACTLY 2 minutes to complete it!