Author Topic: To sets that used custom sounds for locked exits and buttons...  (Read 3643 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
now that custom sounds for locked exits and switch are back, let me know what sets used custom sounds for exits and entrances in the old format so I can add them to the new format.
I know some of the sets i've used those in were
-Labyrinth Zone (Me & Flopsy)
-Desert Mod (Me)
-Metropolis & Press Garden (Plom510)
and those I wanted to add were
-any locked exits in my FP graphic sets
-any Sonic sets that have locked exits

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: To sets that used custom sounds for locked exits and buttons...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
Some general note: The NeoLemmix player and the styles format has always supported locked exit sounds. Only the graphics tool missed the option to set them. So it's totally possible (and in the case of converted styles even likely) that your locked exits and buttons already have the desired custom sounds.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:30:15 PM »
So it's totally possible (and in the case of converted styles even likely) that your locked exits and buttons already have the desired custom sounds.

Unless you added support, the tileset conversion tool didn't support custom sounds (but it should've worked fine for those that were simply assigned a non-custom sound effect other than the default one). Which reminds me, I still need to restore the custom teleporter sound in the LPIV Space set at some point...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
Which reminds me, I still need to restore the custom teleporter sound in the LPIV Space set at some point...

Simply add "SOUND teleporter" to the teleporter's nxmo file.

I already used that custom sound for the l2_space teleporter and adding that line + the sound file was one of my first actions when moving to the new format. ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Though that still leaves the bee trap and machine crusher trap from LPV sets, too, now that I think about it. I think those are the only three custom sounds I used...

(EDIT: Bee trap sound is already in there. It just isn't specified in the object. Machine trap, however...)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:01:16 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Though that still leaves the bee trap and machine crusher trap from LPV sets, too, now that I think about it. I think those are the only three custom sounds I used...

Well, that's a quick thing to do.

Add the soundfiles into the sound folder and add the "SOUND filename" line to the object's nxmo file. Then Nepster can include it in the next update.

I just noticed that indeed my machine levels are missing your custom crusher sound. I would call out interest for the soundfile + nxmo file when you got the fixed version. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 09:01:38 PM »
It's a quick thing to do... if I still had a copy of the WAV file. :P Gonna have to try and extract it from the old DAT file, thankfully I was able to dig a copy of that up.

(EDIT: Success! Also, remembered one more...)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:09:48 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects