NeoLemmix > Editor Bugs / Suggestions

[Suggestion][Editor] Adding a plain black bg to the bg selection list

(1/3) > >>

IchoTolot:
People have a demand of using a black bg on tilesets with custom single colored bgs.

Adding a plain black bg to the list of the selectable custom image bgs would fix this.

This way even when the black bg is used on tilesets where the custom single colored bg is advantageous you can turn it off and use the intended one again. This way the player is not forced into it.

Then everybody can get a black bg for their level if they want to, without having to change the main tilesets theme as a workaround.

GigaLem:
One thing I did was make an 8x8 black background piece. If anybody wants i can make a few colored BG pieces and add them to the graphic set addition thread.

IchoTolot:

--- Quote from: GigaLem on July 18, 2018, 10:32:32 PM ---One thing I did was make an 8x8 black background piece. If anybody wants i can make a few colored BG pieces and add them to the graphic set addition thread.

--- End quote ---

I think different plain colors would be a good addition to the bg image list - I see a use for them, but I want to be able to turn them of to the get the tileset's standard one.

Nepster:
I would rather not add single-colored backgrounds, because of the long-term plan to support completely customizable background colors (independant of the main style). This goes especially for the completely black background, as level designers can already achieve that by picking another main style (as IchoTolot mentioned).

IchoTolot:

--- Quote from: Nepster on July 19, 2018, 07:25:15 PM ---I would rather not add single-colored backgrounds, because of the long-term plan to support completely customizable background colors (independant of the main style). This goes especially for the completely black background, as level designers can already achieve that by picking another main style (as IchoTolot mentioned).

--- End quote ---

I am ok with that as long as I can turn off a customised background in favor of the main tilesets original background. As I sense great trolling potential there and I want to be able to turn it off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version