Author Topic: Research Survey  (Read 4392 times)

Offline ResearchStudent

• View Profile
Research Survey
« on: June 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
Hi, I’m a research student who’s currently studying player experiences in games. I’m currently doing an online survey and really appreciate responses. There’s also an optional £20 Amazon gift voucher draw at the end of the survey as a little thank you for taking part.

Survey link: https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b9rFL7UwCQvd8t7

Thank you so much to the amazing moderators for letting me post here.

If anyone has any questions I’m more than happy to respond :D

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Research Survey
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »
I would suggest, in the question that asks "What game did you play for the purpose of this survey?", remind people what that "purpose" is. Even loading the link again doesn't allow you to go back to the first page to double-check that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ResearchStudent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 08:47:30 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll update it now :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
I'll admit that I chose a game that wasn't technically the last game I played and may have effected the results. But (and I think I mentioned this in the comment at the end) I think some of the questions may differ greatly depending on the game played. But maybe this doesn't matter for the purposes of your survey.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 11:32:20 PM »
Interesting Survey, I put for the last game I played was (star quake) atari st emulator.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 02:32:24 PM »
Star Quake is a very unusual game for the reason that I'm sure it randomises the objects so each time you play the game it feels like a new game.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »
This is interesting, a survey that will be different every time you take it.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 06:50:29 PM »
Some questions feel like repeats, they're worded slightly differently, but come down to the same. That's a bit unfortunate, as the survey's rather long anyway. I filled it out, though. :)