Author Topic: [Fixed][Bug][Player] Spawn rate displayed incorrectly when editing replay  (Read 1570 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
When you bring up the menu to edit (or rather, delete actions from, since that's pretty much all I ever made it do) a replay file, any spawn rate changes are labelled "Release rate".

However, the actual value displayed is the corresponding spawn interval value, rather than either release rate or spawn rate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:36:37 PM by Nepster »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
As I wasn't even aware that we have this feature and have no clue at all how to get there, I would rather pose the question: Do we actually need this?
The replay files are standard text files, so can be easily changed by hand. So how does the in-game replay editor improve over this?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
On default hotkey setup (not sure about Lix-like), you press E during a level.

YES, we need this (the editor itself I mean; the fix to the bug is not super critical as, while the resulting text is misleading, no actual functionality is broken). Apologies for the strong language, but seriously, fuck having to save a replay, exit out of NeoLemmix, modify it by hand, go back into the level and load the replay all just to delete an action without erasing everything that comes afterwards.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Ok, wasn't aware that you could edit replays for ongoing levels. I thought you could only edit replays that already have been saved.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Fixed for the next release: Regardless of your settings, the replay edit menu always displays the spawn interval and now even calls it that way.