Author Topic: roles for discord  (Read 2993 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
roles for discord
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:53:33 PM »
I just found out that you can ping people of a specific role so this has more uses than just silly labels.

backroute conductor -- should go out to everyone (not just Arty) who backroutes a lot (pretty much everyone who tests a lot?)

old timer -- for people who have been a part of the community for ... 10+ years say? or maybe 5+ . This is not to brag about being wiser or anything; it's for the benefit of someone, say a newcomer that has a question; can ask an 'old timer' who's more likely to have an answer, about say, something pertaining to the old forum.

level designer -- obvious maybe content creator is better? to encompass those that make graphics, music and games too?

contest winner -- why is Icho the only person with this? He's not the only person who has won a contest.

lemmings champion -- same as above; I think certain people are just known to be above average at the game like Icho, geoo cxx (I realize the last two aren't on discord) but the point still stands.

coder/programmer - Simon, nepster, namida, Icho(?)...

Lix - for everyone who plays lix (to  help start games)

Ultimate Chicken Horse - for everyone who plays UCH (to  help start games)

Gaston -- because why not? I wanna be Gaston, whoever wants to be can be Gaston.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: roles for discord
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:11:54 PM »
I might think about this in the future, also to add another one

whenever we'll have our first SRB2Kart session, a role will be made for that

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:33:10 AM »
I have to question if all that is really necessary in a group of this size. For huge servers, it might be a bit more relevant.

"Just because a feature exists, doesn't mean you should go out of your way to use it."
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »
Instead of specialized roles, I would simply suggest different name colours from which people can choose one they like.