• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Duck.
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
I printed a duck.

(Source STL file)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: Duck.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »
Nice. But you and I both know that green ducks have red mohicans.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't possess a 3D printer that can use multiple colors in a single print (outside of doing some really crazy stuff involving switching filament mid-print, or manually painting it afterwards).

I also don't have a 3D model of the specific duck of which you speak. ;)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:48:30 AM »
you have a 3D printer.

I'm jealous :P

are you going to print out a Lemming?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:56:21 AM »
you have a 3D printer.

I'm jealous :P

are you going to print out a Lemming?

Find me a suitable 3D model (STL format is ideal, but if it can open in Blender, I can convert it to STL) and I'll gladly print one. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 01:54:25 AM »
Nice. Would like to see some scale though... Without some reference point like a hand in the picture it's hard to tell how big this quacker is.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 04:29:32 AM »
Here's a keyboard, a standard-size lighter and a USB flash drive for comparison. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 11:34:36 PM »
I wonder if that is a glow in the dark duck.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 11:44:53 PM »
I wonder if that is a glow in the dark duck.

It is not. If I'm not mistaken, you can't get glow-in-the-dark ABS filament. You can with PLA, but my printer doesn't support PLA (at least not without either tricky-and-unreliable modifications for better cooling, or replacing the extruder with a better one). EDIT: Okay, apparently you CAN get glowing ABS. I'm gonna have to look into that, one of my other models could really benefit from that...

It's a Da Vinci 1.0, flashed with Repetier 0.92 firmware (because fuck the inkjet-style "you have to use OUR filament, not 3rd party ones that are a quarter of the price" model that the official firmware enforces - Repetier bypasses this).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:38:29 PM »
Another (waterfowl-related) print. :D

This is a smallish plant pot, with a water reservoir and a goose. :D

Unfortunately, I'm not able to actually use it yet. It isn't 100% reliable that it'll be water-tight without acetone smoothing, and I currently don't have the equipment to smooth a print this large (I do have a setup that can handle prints up to about 7cm in diameter x about 13-14cm in height - no problem height-wise for this one, but it's much wider than 7cm), other than by doing the entire thing by hand with a paintbrush (which I do not have the patience to do).
My Lemmings projects