Off-Topic Boards > Forum Games

Drawful [forum]

(1/8) > >>

Quizmaster:
-- DRAWFUL ---

Come one, come all! Post if you'd like to participate in a new fun artsy drawing game! (based on the Jackbox game) There are 3 rounds; you may participate in anyone 1 or all of them .

note: I made some minor adjustments to the rules and tried to clarify them.

round 1:
Participants will be given (via PM) a word or phrase. Once you're PM'd your phrase you may use an editor of your choice (like paint.NET) to draw your picture, but please follow these rules:

-the image must be 300x300 pixels (but you needn't necessarily fill it up).
-you may use only 1 color. (It can be any color, but must be a monochrome image)
-words are allowed (but not 'text') but try to limit that to a minimum. This isn't a hard and fast rule but be sensible.
-PM your pic (by attachment) to the Quizmaster. DO NOT post it in this topic.

The goal is to make a quick, simple and crude drawing. You may of course spend as much time as you like and make amazing artistic works with just the simple tools of paint. The point is not who is the most artistic but to make a drawing that represents your word.

-This round will be open for about 5-7 days depending on how many people join and send in their entries.

round 2:
-the pictures will be posted (anonymously). Anyone (even if you didn't enter a drawing) may PM the quizmaster  with guesses on what each picture represents.
-The author of a picture does not guess on his own picture.
-Please only 1 guess per picture
-Please make a guess for every picture
-This round will be open for about 5-7 days depending on how many people join.
No points are awarding during this phase and your score does not directly depend on what you say here. Neither does it matter if you guess "correctly" or not.
-You are are not allowed to change your answer.

round 3:
Each picture will be posted again with all the guesses (and correct answer) given. Everyone (and other people who didn't necessarily participate in the first 2 rounds) may enter and vote on the guesses on each picture as to which they think is the best one. What's "best" is up to you. It can be either what you think is correct or the most entertaining. You may vote for your own guess.
-PM the quizmaster once more with your votes.

Scoring:
-Scoring works like family feud:
People who voted for the most popular guess (which got the most votes) get the highest point. (1 point). Scores are halved for the next highest votes, and halved again for the next highest, etc.

Feel free to discuss the rules or scoring here

Simon:
Excellent idea, I'll play!

-- Simon

namida:
Sure, I'm in.

Ryemanni:
Sounds fun. I'll play.

607:
Interesting. I'm not sure if and how it'll work, but I'd like to help in finding out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version