Author Topic: Something Positive That Happened In the Week For You  (Read 2255 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Something Positive That Happened In the Week For You
« on: September 07, 2021, 10:01:55 AM »
Since the last year and a half has been quite rough for pretty much everyone due to the ongoing pandemic, I thought I break the mold and try this to see if we can all lift each other up, as I think we can all use some kind of support/encouragement: Post something positive that has happened to you during the week. Of course, you're more than welcome to post more, not just one, if there's been multiple positives throughout the week.

I got inspiration for this from an education course I took for my teaching credential at the college/university I did my post-baccalaureate back in 2017, where my professor did exactly this at the start of every class session. I thought it's a pretty good idea, and likely something I would like to do with my students in my future classroom. I kind of also got inspiration for this from mobius' 2020 Positives thread, so thank you for that ;)

I'll start. Last week, my cousin got me in touch with a friend of hers who is a teacher and hooked me up with getting a teaching job, which I will likely start either later this week or the following week. So, I have much to thank my cousin for later on if all goes well. I was sent all the hiring paperwork to fill out, and I believe I have finished all of it, so now I just need to schedule a meeting with the person to go through it and process it, and then I should be set. This will be the very first time I'll be working a job in about 1.5 years since I've been shut out of one due to the pandemic, so I'm definitely looking forward to working again.

I was thinking of maybe also making this a thread where we can post at least one good thing about any forum member here, but perhaps that's best for a separate topic instead. So yea, let's hear some positives and get to know one another even more! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Something Positive That Happened In the Week For You
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 10:18:58 PM »
Being able to do the things you want to do even though mental illness might seem like a barrier. Things like going to the shops and feeling comfortable, being out in public and not letting my Ocd dictate how I feel. I've actually crossed a lot of barriers in that regard. My main goal in life is to be happy, make others happy. I remember seeing people get stressed about the smallest of things and it isn't worth it at the end of the day. I'm not an ambitious person as such but I do have goals in mind I would like to accomplish.

We are keeping our eye on my gran, she's in the hospital at the moment getting better, she took a fall at home and couldn't get back up. She's very chatty, she is really wanting to get home soon, I'm sure she will. They are very strict at the hospital now, I don't think they are allowing visitors to see Gran due to the covid. We are showing her photos of how her home looks now to give her a little bit of a mental boost. She is 98 years old now, getting closer to 100.

Good thread Idea Kaywhyn and it will be interesting to see what other forum members say.