Author Topic: I REFUSE to give in! (Introduction)  (Read 2783 times)

Offline JamesMcK

• View Profile
I REFUSE to give in! (Introduction)
« on: March 02, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
Greetings one and all. My name is James McKigney and I have been playing lemmings since the PSP way back when the game launched. I am looking forward to challenging my skills and aiming to rescue the lemmings.

I also play the Worms series by TEAM17 which was inspired by lemmings. Andy Davision must be a genius. Saving the lemmings or blowing the enemy worms to smithereens, I will test my skills either way.

Hope you don't mind if I stay awhile. I will abide by the rules and be fair and also treat everybody as if they were me.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I REFUSE to give in! (Introduction)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:49:49 PM »
Welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:12:45 PM »
Hi James

Welcome to the forums as well

I could be wrong but I think Andy Davison was experimenting with the game lemmings before he came up with the idea of worms. Maybe the Scorched earth games gave him inspiration as well.

I'm a worms fan as well, the game is great. I used to play the game at the weekends with my dad, I usually gave my dad the advantage in this one by his eight worms against me and the computer, we had four worms each.  Usually the person who teams up with the computer gave you a sort of disadvantage.

Did you manage to complete the PSP lemmings?

Offline JamesMcK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:33:27 PM »
Unfortunately no, I did not complete PSP Lemmings. But I am going to try my hand at completing it soon. Afterwards, I may do a Let's Play with the PPSSPP emulator but for now I must practice hard.

Also on my mind is studies. I mean, hitting the books is a must but sometimes I must get my hands dirty to gain experience. which is why people see numbers on top of their heads like an RPG (and not because of impending death like in lemmings.)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:31:36 PM »
The PSP version has got some nice graphics on it. Lets plays are quite fun to watch. I did a few lets plays but nothing lemmings related, maybe one time. I did a few duke3d user map lets plays and done a few old atari st games as well. It was quite fun.

Studies, oh they were tough days.

Actually you might like the family feud game on the forum, if you are up for the challenge give it a go. You have to send the quizmaster a private message with your answers on it.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 11:52:32 PM »
Welcome to the forums JamesMcK

You can stay as long as you want if you're into Lemmings stuff!

Hope you managed to get NeoLemmix working since when you asked in the IRC for help :)

Also I hope you're willing to return to the IRC chat too, it's more than just a place to ask for help, it's a place to hang out as well :)