Author Topic: [FIXED][BUG][EDITOR] Post-text sometimes becomes pre-text.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
[FIXED][BUG][EDITOR] Post-text sometimes becomes pre-text.
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:00:17 PM »
I noticed this when converting the Lemmings Plus packs, and from the #neolemmix chat logs I see Flopsy has encountered this bug too. Sometimes, a level that has postview text but not preview text, will end up having the postview text changed to a preview text.

I haven't looked in-depth enough to find where the issue lies; the only part of the chain that can be definitely ruled out are the player itself and (for obvious reasons) the graphic set tool. I don't think it's with the Flexi Toolkit, as I've opened and closed packs, and even modified final-level talismans, without the issue resurfacing - but I could be wrong, especially if it's an "only happens sometimes" issue.

It could be the conversion tool (in which case: conversion tool doesn't compile properly under Delphi XE6 and if I'm not mistaken Nepster is not particularly familiar with its workings, and at any rate the tool will not be needed for too much longer; so my suggestion would simply be to draw attention to this issue so pack developers know to look out for and correct it). Or, it could be the level editor - the last time I encountered this bug, it *was* on a level I had modified in NLEditor. (Note for readers not too familiar with internal workings: In new-formats, preview / postview texts are stored as part of the level file, so while the level editor doesn't edit them in any way, it does have to at least know how to preserve them; a bug in this could very well be the cause.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:09:24 PM by Nepster »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG][???] Post-text sometimes becomes pre-text.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:45 AM »
This issue seemed to occur for me when I stupidly changed the filename of the level text file while the level was still open in editor and then I saved the level using the "Save" command when the file path had changed on the file explorer, it caused an error with the player where it was unable to save data and the NeoLemmix player itself wouldn't even open.

It was then pointed out to me when I sent this level file out that the Post level text had become Pre level text.

Not sure if that's any help with finding the cause of how it happened.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Post-text sometimes becomes pre-text.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »
This was a copy-paste error in the Editor code: Both pre- and postview texts have been saved in the preview text variable. This is fixed now.