Author Topic: Lemforum backroute fixes, Lix 0.10.x  (Read 38997 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lemforum pack changes, Lix 0.9.x
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
I can't accept a fix that completely cuts off part of the maze. (Also, you got some of the pieces the wrong way round, so there were two blue pixels adjacent to each other :lix-tongue: ) The attached fix should do the job (and the old replay should still work).

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 05:46:45 AM »
Will include Proxima's fix in 0.9.7. It solves with the replay for <= 0.9.5 in the proof collection. Nonetheless, thanks, Forestidia, for taking initialitive in proposing fixes.

Also, this is test post for Mindless's IRC bot announcements.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
Fix to Snowjump, with replay. This is a bit harder now so I'm thinking of bumping it up, along with Snowball Battle. Tentative reordering:

Q30 Snowball Battle -> C18
Q37 Snowjump -> C8
C4 Exit, Stage Right -> Q37
C8 Leap of Faith -> Q30
C18 Once You Pop, You Can't Stop! -> C4

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 11:11:12 AM »
I'll merge the fix to Snowjump.

With the reordering, I will wait until Proxima is happy with it in 1-2 weeks.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 02:08:30 AM »
The above reorderings are fine, and in addition, I want to reorder:

C14 A Soulful Bounding Leap -> D9
D9 Backslash -> D4
D4 A Towering Proposition -> C14

Also, fix for This Lix is Your Lix attached.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 04:12:04 AM »
D4 A Towering Proposition -> C14

I found this level actually quite tricky. What is with "Alternative Route Required"? This is one of two levels in the pack so far that I really found overranked.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 04:55:35 AM »
Yeesh, that level 8-) I never found the intended solution, and instead found a weird route using the trick of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 07:43:11 AM »
Merged fix (add sawblade) for ThisLix.

I found this level [Towering Proposition] actually quite tricky. What is with "Alternative Route Required"? This is one of two levels in the pack so far that I really found overranked.

Yeesh, that level 8-) I never found the intended solution, and instead found a weird route using the trick of [...]

This doesn't answer the question whether ToweringProp or AltRouteReq moves. What level will move?

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 01:04:09 PM »
Actually, after discussion in Wafflem's recent stream I'm considering downranking Stairs Bro instead of either of the above. What do you (Forestidia) think about that?

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
Actually, after discussion in Wafflem's recent stream I'm considering downranking Stairs Bro instead of either of the above. What do you (Forestidia) think about that?

I personally got stuck in the Stairs level but that was only because I thought too complicated. The solution itself is not that bad so I think it is ok to downrank that level but maybe a higher Cunning number.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39:39 PM »
I agree to downranking StairsBro to late Cunning, as Forestitida suggests, and to move ToweringProp back to Daunting.

Furthermore, This Is a Stickup seems harder than early Daunting. I would move that to later Daunting. Has anybody else had so many problems with this level, too?

Based on all of Proxima's orderings above in the thread, I propose these changes.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 05:50:52 PM »
Furthermore, This Is a Stickup seems harder than early Daunting. I would move that to later Daunting. Has anybody else had so many problems with this level, too?

From the IRC:
[18:45] <Forestidia> Yeah, "This Is a Stickup" is a nasty level. One of the last I solved of that rank.

How I solved it, it was very finicky and I needed quite some time to find a working approach.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 04:54:13 AM »
Suggested changes are fine, but in addition:

D24 Round Trip -> D2
D2 Tribute to Benny Hill -> D13 (moving 14-23 up one place)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 06:59:22 AM »
Reorderings up to here are implemented in 0.9.12. Thanks!

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »
Lovely 3 "Building Block Maze": increased SI to 50. Building takes time, so all lix still spawn before the route is complete. Slower spawn makes it easier to click on a lix facing the right direction, and if the player builds a < bridge towards the right exit, fewer will splat in the interval when the bridge is high enough but not yet connected, so the player does not feel under pressure (assuming they have understood how save requirement works by this stage).

We removed miners from L2 as they are not helpful there. Should we remove miners and diggers from L3 and L4 as well? Player might be confused when digger does nothing if assigned on the steel in L4. Digger is properly introduced in L8 "Climb to Freedom!", miner in L11 "Beneath the Lab". However, miner must be kept in L9 "Goblin City" for the 100% solution, and all skills should be present in L7 "Blocked by a Snowball" for the pattern.