Lix > Lix Levels

Lemforum backroute fixes, Lix 0.10.x

(1/20) > >>

Proxima:
Edit Simon: I've renamed this topic
from Lemforum pack changes, 0.9.x
to Lemforum backroute fixes, 0.10.x.

See also: Lemforum outtakes/replacements, 0.10.x.

Proxima's first post here, and everything throughout 2018 to 2021 in the early parts of this topic, is for 0.9.x.

Daunting 29 "Duality": moved decorative terrain above exit to prevent a backroute.

Simon:
Merge Flying Batteries: Will do for 0.9.1.

Merge old maps: Wow, thanks for the effort! I will add numbers of players. These maps already have overtime, the editor merely doesn't display it when number of players is 1. I'll leave the overtime values as they are. Will merge them into 0.9.1.

Multiplayer maps go into 0.9.1. I added player numbers and shortened some overtimes. I haven't built a Play Bridge 4p.

Duality will go into 0.9.1.

-- Simon

Simon:
Everything before this post is in 0.9.1.

Path to Mahiman has a short route with precise jumping -- see attachment. Keep or redesign?

Re-sort Runaround? I feel it's the hardest in Quirky. Took Wafflem about 15 minutes even with chat help from who didn't play the level yet. Everything else in Quirky was faster and took almost no help.

-- Simon

Forestidia86:

--- Quote from: Simon on October 07, 2017, 01:53:08 AM ---Path to Mahiman has a short route with precise jumping -- see attachment. Keep or redesign?

--- End quote ---

My observations concerning this are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)It seems rather tricky to get to the idea to do this jump that way. In this context it seems trial and error to get to know from where to jump if you don't have utter knowledge of the physics.
But:
There are not that much possibilities from where to jump there and with framestepping they are all in your control. If you know how to do it it is actually not that hard to pull off.

A danger could be that someone tries this without framestepping and gets stuck retrying because the direct jump from the edge fails only by a bit.
The general trickiness is to realize that you have to do an indirect jump, so it's a more advanced and complex use of the bouncing physics (, which is not necessarily bad).
But to try such things you usually already have more advanced knowledge I think.
I can't assess to what decision that finally amounts since I don't have experience in such things.

Edit: Not to doublepost: I generally think that it's ok for a maze level to have a short hidden route next to (the) longer more visible one(s).

Proxima:
Fix for "Path to Mahiman" attached.

Ordering change: Q38 The Runaround -> C10; Exit Stage Right -> C4; Rainbow Road -> Q38.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version