Author Topic: about tiles' names in NeoLemmix...  (Read 2768 times)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
about tiles' names in NeoLemmix...
« on: April 22, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
Hi, I'm interested in adding the ability to load NeoLemmix's Lemmings1-compliant levels (.nxlv files) in jLeveBuilder (the level-editor I code for my Android game).
In order to do that, I would like to know if someone has a text file/an Excel file/... which shows tiles' old names vs tiles' new names. ("dirt_42" vs "bridge_04", for example)
I don't know yet if this feature will actually exist in jLB, but I would like to give it a try, and perform some tests...
Thank you!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: about tiles' names in NeoLemmix...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 05:32:38 AM »
The translation files (data/translation/[old formats name].nxtt) are used to translate from old formats to new formats. You can probably get what you're after by applying them in reverse; you may need to modify them slightly to account for things such as that many exit / exit tops are merged into a single object in new-formats.

You'll need to look at NeoLemmix's source code for the exact details of what's valid data in translation files and how it works - you might need to ask Nepster for a link to the up-to-date repo - but the NeoLemmix website has a general overview of how most text-based NeoLemmix data files work (the only exceptions off the top of my head are the configuration INI files, which are just standard INIs). Most of the features you need should be quite simple to figure out from examining a few of the files anyway.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: about tiles' names in NeoLemmix...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »
Thank you: I was searching for these .nxtt translation files. I'll try to perform some tests soon. Thanks!