Author Topic: Level of the Year 2017: Playing Phase  (Read 4960 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level of the Year 2017: Playing Phase
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:59:27 PM »
Alright, so nominations are now closed. Before we open the voting, we first offer a period to play the levels again, to familiarize yourself with those you haven't yet played and review those you have.

The list of nominated levels can be found in the nominations topic, I see no need to duplicate it here. It also contains information on where to find these levels.

Download links:

NXP collection of all old format NeoLemmix levels

Every author with 3 or more levels in this category gets an own rank in the pack. At the end there is a mixed rank for the leftover levels. Load the nxp with the old format NeoLemmix player.

- NXP collection music

Put these tracks in your NeoLemmix music folder to get the intended music tracks to the levels.

- NXP collection replays

A bunch of intended solution replays by some authors to a lot of of the NXP collection levels.

- All lix levels and replays to most of them

Here are all lix nominations together with solution replays to most of them. Put them in Lix's level folder to access them.

- Raymanni's new format NeoLemmix levels

The few levels from Raymanni for the new format version of NeoLemmix. The levels to put in the level folders of the player, as well as the fitting replays and music tracks to put in the music folder are all in extra folders of themselves. Raymanni's "ray_sppoky" tileset needs to be put in the styles folder to access some of the levels.

Not included overall:

- "Build Lem's Legend" (Tough 20, Lemmings Squared)   due to it being a completely different level now.
- "Slaughterhouse" (Autumn 2016 LD Contest Winner, NeoLemmix) due to personal request

Playing phase will end: April 30th 2018

General level feedback and solution replays can be posted here in the topic if you want! Have fun playing! :)

If there are any errors I've made in the collection, don't hesitate to inform me here!

EDIT: The nxp could crash due to too many tilesets being loaded. A restart of the NeoLemmix player should fix the error.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:26:19 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Level of the Year 2017: Playing Phase
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »
Little update to the Lix levels: Thanks to Forestidia there are now replays to mobius lix levels in the zip archive. :thumbsup:

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:21:20 PM »
There is a level from mobius currently not loading correctly causing an error due to a tileset error: - "Slaughterhouse" (Autumn 2016 LD Contest Winner, NeoLemmix)
This error needs to be fixed by mobius if he wants to make his level accessible.

Here is the error version of the level + tileset anyway

Very sorry but I have no time or inclination to fix this error. Unless someone else wants to do it I suggest just removing the level from the contest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
Very sorry but I have no time or inclination to fix this error. Unless someone else wants to do it I suggest just removing the level from the contest.

Done it.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 06:49:50 PM »
The voting phase will begin in the near future. I still need to prepare the groups and Nessy helps me with getting the level pictures on the NL site.

Let's say in about a week it will roughly continue. :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »
To co-incide with the Voting phase, I have decided to upload an LP of myself playing the LOTY nominations on the nxp provided.

The link to the playlist is here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXsuXbpwwJzEpg39REWxwD3XP7frohcQw

The first video is live already and there will be a new video every Tuesday, Friday AND Sunday until the LP is completed. Sonic Forces (the usual Sunday video) will be on hold until the completion of this LP.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 10:30:31 AM »
I have now completed recording of the LOTY levels nxp LP and it is 13 parts long.

The last video should be up on my channel on Sunday 3rd June and my usual recording schedule should resume :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 06:35:19 AM »
Shouldn't this topic be closed now?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
Shouldn't this topic be closed now?

I'll leave it open for now, for people still playing levels during the voteoff and maybe them having troubles with the nxp in the process. If people demand it though I can close it. ;)