Author Topic: Random level sharing topic!  (Read 91543 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Random level sharing topic!
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2021, 10:39:50 AM »
Cool selection. :thumbsup: You've got three different talismans for three different types of challenges in "Last Lemming Standing". I guess the new one to me is the bronze talisman, as I comfortably already beaten the silver and gold ones just simply by looking over to the corresponding thread. :devil:

Conversely, I'm not sure about the idea of three talismans for three different save requirements in "Deep Freeze", as I personally don't like the idea of collecting three talismans in one go. I wonder what other people think of this? Anyway, I'll give this one (And the other level, "Mind the Gap") a try.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2021, 01:01:21 AM »
Glad you like it!  "Last Lemming Standing" is slightly different in that the lemming is now a Floater rather than a Glider (due to complaints about it being a deliberate hobble in the original version) and you have Jumpers rather than Blockers, and well done for completing the Silver and Gold talismans no matter what you did, hehe!  The Bronze one is the new one and just requires working out how to clear the exit without losing the main lemming or using Walkers or Jumpers for fine control.

For "Deep Freeze", saving 76 is easy enough if you find one Blocker you can undermine, and 77 if you can spare using one somewhere.  78 and over requires a lot more thought (someone once saved 79 and I managed to improve on it by saving all 80, but it is INCREDIBLY fiddly).  Just a different way of arranging the talismans.

For "Mind the Gap", the silver talisman was my original intended solution, but IchoTolot found an acceptable solution that's easier to find, but uses all the Climbers, so I put in the talisman rather than patch it!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:52:16 AM by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2021, 05:29:44 AM »
Since Armani mentioned it, here is the current version of "Denial".  It was in its 17th version last time because of backroute fixes, since the intended solution uses a pretty mean trick! (It doesn't require insane precision though).

Also got "Heaven and Earth" - special thanks to kaywhyn for successfully converting it when I failed.

DENIAL UPDATED - SEE BELOW
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:51:49 AM by Crane »

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2021, 07:26:43 AM »
My solutions to Last Lemmings Standing and Denial 8-)

Last Lemmings Standing is really an Epic level. I think it's will be a perfect choice for the last level of the pack.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2021, 07:30:07 AM »
Still got backroutes to fix in Denial, it seems, but I can't deny how impressive your timing is!  Updated in the post above to fix the backroute and the almost-intended solution you showed me on Discord.

As for your Last Lemming Standing replays... very nice speedrun and tool economy.  You forgot the worker was a Disarmer a couple of times though, and you could have probably been more efficient if you used a Jumper instead of a Builder to get up top.

I'm glad you think Last Lemming Standing is epic final-level quality!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:48:46 AM by Crane »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2021, 07:51:31 AM »
OK, as Armani submitted his I might as well submit mine.

So, I found two ways to get the bronze talisman on Last Lemming Standing: A "backroute" solution which takes about 24 minutes by consuming all the zombies, and a quicker method which also surprisingly beats the 5 minute gold talisman. Unfortunately I had no luck on Deep Freeze and Mind the Gap, although I was one away on the latter. And as you uploaded "Denial" again I've yet to have a look at that one.

And I can't wait to see Armani's sub 4-minute solution for LLS, especially for such a large level. :thumbsup:
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2021, 08:02:43 AM »
The use of a Floater rather than a Glider changes up solutions a bit, and the presence of Jumpers allows the saving of time, although a full minute is still impressive!  And hey, if you manage to beat the 5-minute limit while not using Walkers or Jumpers, more power to you!  True, I figured letting all the Zombies out was going to be one solution - I'll probably let it happen, unless you think I should put in a 15-minute time limit!

Does a Floater rather than a Glider make the level less annoying now?

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2021, 08:12:05 AM »
I'm loving all these different solutions for Last Lemming Standing!

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2021, 08:18:26 AM »
Solved denial and deep freeze 8-)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2021, 08:45:03 AM »
Right - hopefully Denial is now properly tuned and patched!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:51:08 AM by Crane »

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2021, 03:42:25 AM »
Two replays for Last Lemming Standing(timelimit talisman)
The latter seems backrouty though :P

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2021, 07:16:08 AM »
solution to updated denial

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2021, 07:41:19 AM »
Yay - that's the intended solution.  Well done, and thank you!

And your solutions to Last Lemming Standing? Hey, a win's a win with that level!

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2021, 02:40:09 AM »
Hello Crane, I have solved your individual levels. Last Lemming Standing was pretty awesome! :thumbsup: Mind the gap was the hardest one for me. Probably not intended, but I might had made it harder than I needed to. I also use an extremely fiddly trick here :P Finally, Denial might be a bad backroute
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2021, 05:27:24 AM »
One more Crane. I forgot about the level of yours that I helped convert to New Formats NL. Here's my replay for it. I absolutely love it. Very ingenious solution ;)

@Swerdis I've finally gotten a chance to take a look at your levels. Here are my replays for them. That builderless brick level was quite nice. I can see that you got some inspiration from Psycho 28 from Lemmings Plus 1, as I can see elements of its design in there. The hardest one for me was the Fire level Too much Pills and Liquor. Heidewitzka! was my favorite one. Super clever trick in the solution there. Nice job! :thumbsup: Can you tell me what the translation for that is in your German language?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0