Author Topic: Random level sharing topic!  (Read 91499 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Random level sharing topic!
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »
My solutions are attached. Even if these were simply the original Lemmings reworked and not much more difficult, these were enjoyable. The talisman for Steel Works was an especially very difficult one to work out. In many attempts, I was always a builder or two over the requirement, but I finally managed to get it. Overall, nice job, Minim
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2020, 06:11:25 PM »
100% save solutions for all but MPL, which I managed to save all but one. With the 5 builders left over, I am wondering whether there may be a 100% solution for this, but the various tricks and methods I tried didn't work. These are great levels btw! 8-)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2020, 03:31:56 AM »
This is the level based on the idea I got while playing other game yesterday ;P
You need Dullstar's L2 classic style to play the level.
 : https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5122.0

Welcome To The Woodworld
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
@Armani My replay is attached for your Woodworld level. Very nice level! I didn't expect it to be so difficult, but I surprisingly struggled with it. Before this success, the best I had was 1 less than the save requirement due to having one fall off while the first builder was in progress. I say the hardest part is the very beginning. Everything else was easy. Now if only I could say the same for your R3 level, which I still haven't been able to solve. It looks deceptively simple but is actually difficult. Looks like you were right about your R3 being the hardest out of your 3 contest entries, now that I'm not able to backroute it like before. I wonder what it is with levels where the entropy is reduced greatly but I can't figure them out. I think I'll get it one of these days :P   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2020, 06:08:59 AM »
Well done! :thumbsup:
That's exactly what I had in mind!

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »
While playing around with New Experimental skills, I made a level without any new skills. :forehead:

So I remade it with custom tileset and sharing it here.

Enjoy!!

Polaris Rhapsody

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2020, 03:05:09 AM »
Nice level! This is as close as I can get to solving it. I think I have the right idea, but I'm maybe doing something in the wrong order...

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2020, 04:03:27 AM »
Wow, this is a really good level, Armani! :thumbsup: I like this level and love the solution so much, much more than your pillar level :P Here is my replay solution ;) I did struggle for a bit with this level, but I managed to figure it out in about 15-20 minutes. Definitely was a much faster solve than your pillar level for me. Everyone else, definitely play this level! It's so good. Very clever solution. It's somewhat difficult, but IMO it's not too hard at all. I say the hardest parts are definitely the middle and exit area.

@WillLem You're on the right track, the first 6 skill assignments are all correct, everything else after that you need to think some more. Keep trying. It's a really awesome solution! ;) If you are still stuck and need a hint, see my replay.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2020, 04:40:42 AM »
Thanks for the replay kaywhyn, I had another go at this level and was almost there with it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Consequently, I'm glad I've played this level (and been shown the solution) because it's reminded me of one of the many reasons why I wanted an option to disable Skill Shadows in the first place! Viewing a level purely as a map makes you think differently and try things out that you might not otherwise have thought about if you're just relying on normal skill placements. I'll have to make sure to use the toggle when I get stuck on levels like this in the future! ;P

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »
Thanks for the replay kaywhyn, I had another go at this level and was almost there with it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My pleasure. In that case, the NL Introduction Tutorial pack would had been extremely useful for you! :P At least you attempted and got as far as you could with it. That's what I admire in level solvers, even if they don't end up getting the solution entirely on their own ;) Also, there was one part of the jumper-shimmier transition that I misunderstood for a while, and that is I always thought that assigning a shimmier to a jumper could only be done while the jumper was still in the upward motion of the jump. It turns out that you can still assign a shimmier to a jumper when he's moving downward as well, but you have to do it before he becomes a faller, i.e, before he falls straight down vertically. Once that happens, it's no longer possible to assign the shimmier to the jumper.

Consequently, I'm glad I've played this level (and been shown the solution) because it's reminded me of one of the many reasons why I wanted an option to disable Skill Shadows in the first place! Viewing a level purely as a map makes you think differently and try things out that you might not otherwise have thought about if you're just relying on normal skill placements. I'll have to make sure to use the toggle when I get stuck on levels like this in the future! ;P

I know what you mean! I don't mind playing without skill shadows either, especially since none of us ever had them while growing up with the game. I consider without skill shadows playing the game for real, although TBH I'm too lazy to switch the option off since I'm too used to it by now. However, it does go without saying that solving the levels without them enabled is much more satisfying than with them enabled, even if it does end up being more frustrating.

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »
Great! As you may expected, that's the intended solution :thumbsup:
I'm glad you guys enjoy my level.
The level originally gave a slider and some projectile spears but I felt the solution is unnecessarily complicated and fiddly, so I replace them with some shimmiers and jumpers and modified solution a bit.

And now, I'm making a level with original level idea(using a slider and spearers). I hope this time I get something simple and unfiddly but still enjoyable. :crylaugh:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2020, 02:59:03 PM »
Here's a version of The Steel Mines of Kessel which is modelled after the Macintosh version. The differences are thus:

• There are 80 lemmings instead of 100
  • The save requirement remains at 90%, meaning that 72 lems must be saved (so only 8 can be lost)
  • Release rate is set to 50 instead of 75
  • Slight differences in terrain thickness mean that some decorations become obstacles, where others in fact require less skills to traverse

All of this means that the level can only be solved via a very obscure backroute. In the Mac version itself, certain glitches could be exploited to make other solutions work, such as the one found in this video (N.B. this solution will not work in NeoLemmix)

Level and solution replay attached. Enjoy the challenge! 8-)

EDIT: Re-uploaded March 2021 with updated background
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:48:14 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2020, 05:07:56 AM »
Inspired by Taxing 55 - "Walk The Plank" from Lemmings Plus 3D, this features 5 lemmings walking from a ship's long plank into an infinite teleporter loop. Can you rescue them from the neverending cycle and guide them home?

Format: NeoLemmix

Title: Walk The Plank

Difficulty: Medium

Features: Tileset mix [Pillar, Dirt & Circuit (namida)], Full range of NL skills, OWW, Teleporters, Pickups

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 05:15:07 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2021, 09:01:59 PM »
Oh no! It's...

THE GIANT MARBLE EXIT!!!

Format: NeoLemmix

Title: THE GIANT MARBLE EXIT

Difficulty: Easy

Features: Marble style with special graphics (style download included), Classic 8 skills plus Walkers & Jumpers

:lemcat:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 09:16:07 PM by WillLem »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2021, 09:34:52 AM »
So here are some of my levels that have been touched up a little bit for modern NeoLemmix (and their respective music tracks).  Enjoy!