Author Topic: [Lemmings 2] Holiday Tribe 2017  (Read 7160 times)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
[Lemmings 2] Holiday Tribe 2017
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:19:32 PM »
It's that time of year again! The time where everybody spends money buying rubbish gifts that other people don't want. Well here's a nice gift that hasn't been around for two decades that you might actually want, a Christmas Lemmings pack! Hooray!

Holiday Tribe 2017 is a 10 level Lemmings 2 pack, replacing all 10 levels of the Polar Tribe. Obviously it's the Polar Tribe, as they have Christmas music, and now for the first time, it's actually appropriate! While levels are more difficult than the official levels, that's not a terribly hard barrier to overcome, and the level pack as a whole is much easier than my other Lemmings 2 pack, Quest From Kieran 2. If you can get halfway through each tribe in QFK2, you shouldn't have too many issues here. Many levels have excess skills to allow more leeway.

As always with Lemmings 2, you are expected to save everyone where possible. In this pack only a single level allows you to kill any lemmings, and it will be stated in the level title how many you are allowed to lose (also, the level has a single Exploder in it, which is a bit of a hint!)

I hope you enjoy this small Christmas gift.

How to Install
Back up your current Lemmings 2 LEVELS folder, then extract the contents of the zip into there, overwriting the existing files.

How to run Lemmings 2 in DOSBox

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: [Lemmings 2] Holiday Tribe 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:40:43 PM »
geoo and I will race this on Friday, 2018-04-27 at 18:00 UTC. Livestream will be at:
http://www.multitwitch.tv/simonnaar/geoouw

-- Simon

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: [Lemmings 2] Holiday Tribe 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:45:32 AM »
So while I was sadly unable to make the stream, I did manage to start watching the vids shortly after it finished.

1) Many levels were broken but this was the first feedback the pack has had so that's to be expected. The bug in level 10 that geoo found is unfortunate. Some levels are flexible and I'm OK with slightly different solutions, like level 1 and the Paratrooper Squadron.

2) This pack is heavier on execution than QFK2, this was intentional and a chance to try some other ideas that involved more frequent skill assignment etc, but having said that...

3) Gift Wrapping Facility is dire. I liked the idea of saving lemmings from the icevmachine while you build a way to survive but too much is going on at once. It can be easier than Simon and geoo were making it but that doesn't excuse that it was bad.

4) When I get back to having more free time I might try to fix some of these levels. In the meantime if you are interested and OK with spoilers my solutions to these levels are available on YouTube, it's easy to find if you search.

Thanks as always for playing guys, sorry if it wasn't as good as my other tribes.