Lix > Lix Main

Stop maps from crashing (OutOfMemoryError)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Simon:
Yep, please attach. It's likely of no use to debug out-of-RAM, but I'm curious.

-- Simon

Forestidia86:
Attached the log for the short session. It has more than 70000 lines though many of them have similiar content (dealing with bitmaps).

Forestidia86:
It's probably a stupid question but the error message mentions:
@src\core\exception.d

I don't find such in my Lix-src folder, not even a core-subfolder. I'm a bit confused.

Simon:
If it's not in Lix, then it can be in the D runtime or in Phobos, the D standard library. You can search for this (truncated) path within the D installation directory.

In this case, it's D/dmd2/src/druntime/src/core/exception.d.

With out-of-RAM, there is no single statement that always crashes. Even if we had a stack trace and would find a fat allocation that crashes with out-of-RAM, there is no obvious bug in that allocation. The real problem is that I waste memory throughout the program, and that allocation happens to be the first that was too much.

-- Simon

Forestidia86:
If I have a big map open the RAM rises for some time until a certain value. If it has reached a certain high point and I change to another huge map, crash seems more likely (RAM rises beyond this point in some cases then I think).
So it really looks like a certain point of RAM-usage is stepped over, although I've still RAM left. (Nevertheless the RAM-usage is scarily high for my old laptop.)
Though it's still not consistent and I can't see a real pattern in the workings. I have the impression that it's different how low the RAM-usages sinks when closing the map.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version