Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.4 - stable new-formats release  (Read 21240 times)

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.2.0 - stable new-formats release
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 04:47:56 PM »
I second the "Redux" suggestion as it is one of the suggested packs to play first on the "Welcome" forum. (The other one, "Reunion", is already on there.)

Also, as far as custom music goes, are we supposed to somehow customize this ourselves using the "README"? It looks like right now all of the packs default to the "original" and "ohno" tracks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 04:55:34 PM by chrisleec728 »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 07:15:07 PM »
I second the "Redux" suggestion as it is one of the suggested packs to play first on the "Welcome" forum. (The other one, "Reunion", is already on there.)
I totally agree with you there: As soon as the redux pack is available for the new-formats, it will be included.

Also, as far as custom music goes, are we supposed to somehow customize this ourselves using the "README"? It looks like right now all of the packs default to the "original" and "ohno" tracks.
I forgot to add the music download for Lemmings Reunion, because it is a separate download. This will be fixed soon. Deceit's Lemmings, PimoLems and DoveLems don't have custom music (as far as I am aware), and I removed them from NepsterLems due to copyright problems.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 07:48:59 PM »

I forgot to add the music download for Lemmings Reunion, because it is a separate download. This will be fixed soon. Deceit's Lemmings, PimoLems and DoveLems don't have custom music (as far as I am aware), and I removed them from NepsterLems due to copyright problems.

PimoLems got custom music. I've got it in a seperate download as well.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 03:54:16 AM »
The only packs of mine which haven't gotten an official new formats conversion (and won't be getting one, at least from me) are:
- NeoLemmix Introduction Pack; since I'm no longer managing it
- Lemmings Plus Flashbacks I and II; they've been replaced with Lemmings Plus Compressed, which serves the same purpose and has mostly the same levels as the two Flashback packs combined, with a few tweaks and the addition of some LPV and LPO2 levels. This might also be a good one to consider including, perhaps instead of (rather than as well as) Omega.

All Lemmings Plus packs from III onwards have custom music, which is included in their downloads. There is some overlap; if two packs have a music file with an identical name, the files should be identical too - this is relevant in the case of the two Omega packs (which contain some music from LPIII, and almost all music from LPIV and LPV, respectively, along with one original track each), as well as LPIV which uses one LPIII music. Note that all Lemmings Plus packs, wherever custom music is used, it's in a subfolder of the music folder. NeoLemmix itself supports this, but the editor / Flexi / etc currently do not - make sure the downloader does, or it will break custom music on those packs (although I suspect the downloader couldn't care less about the contents of the files; and simply downloads and extracts some ZIPs; knowing you, probably with a few safety features such as not being able to overwrite EXE files).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 07:37:11 AM »
What I noticed: On neolemmix.com under "Official Game Conversions" only the old nxp format is linked.

I remember that there were already new format versions of the original games. I think these should be linked there instead + maybe including the original games with the player download as well. ???

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
Here is V1.1 of the NeoLemmix installer:
- Fixed some issues, e.g. Nessy's latest update to the zip files on the NeoLemmix homepage broke the old installer.
- Added all LemPlus packs to the auto-download.
- Added the music packs for Lemmings Reunion and PimoLems to the auto-download.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »
What I noticed: On neolemmix.com under "Official Game Conversions" only the old nxp format is linked.

I remember that there were already new format versions of the original games. I think these should be linked there instead + maybe including the original games with the player download as well. ???

Thanks for reporting this. I don't think there is a new format version of the official packs. If not I will go ahead and handle the conversion. If there is can someone please link me to it :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 08:17:43 PM »

Thanks for reporting this. I don't think there is a new format version of the official packs. If not I will go ahead and handle the conversion. If there is can someone please link me to it :)

The NeoLemmix website now points to the new format versions of all official packs. You can download from the website or from this thread which basically pulls it from the website.

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 02:33:27 PM »
I might also suggest "Revenge of the Lemmings", which appears to be a community pack but doesn't appear to have been converted to the new format yet.

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 02:43:55 AM »
Also, is the Genesis level "No hurry, relax" still solvable? It seems that the top edge now appears to be deadly which makes that level (and possibly others) seem impossible now.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »
Also, is the Genesis level "No hurry, relax" still solvable? It seems that the top edge now appears to be deadly which makes that level (and possibly others) seem impossible now.

Oh dear goodness I completely forgot that some Genesis levels used the ceiling in the solution :( :( :(

Thanks for reporting and sorry about that. I'll fix that as soon as possible.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
"No hurry, relax" is solvable in NL without anyone touching the ceiling. We should, however, fix the level for Redux to make the left-side solution a more plausible red herring (even though it fails).

"Lemmings' Ark" requires a ceiling fix; this was already fixed in Redux, so you may just want to grab the Redux version of the level.

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »
Ok well last I knew the Dovelems version of "Lemmings' Ark" didn't have that problem (the top part of the structure jutted out slightly causing the lemming to fall).

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »
Ok, I have now completed both "No hurry" and "Lemmings' Ark" since they have both been fixed (thanks to Nessy), but now the checkmarks on all of the other "Extra" levels I've completed have turned from green to orange. Do I basically have the option of completing them again in order to change that?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »
If you have replays (even the auto-saved ones suffice for that), then you can just run the mass replay checker on that folder (F7 on the main menu) and all the checkmarks will turn green again.

PS: If you have further questions or find bugs in levels, please make a new thread for them (either in NeoLemmix Main or in Bugs&Suggestions). This thread is mainly for introducing new NeoLemmix versions, and if I need to find something then properly named threads are far easier for me to find than questions in this thread.