Author Topic: Sonic Tuesdays: Proxima's Sonic LPs  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Sonic Tuesdays: Proxima's Sonic LPs
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »
Latest part: Sonic 1 (Game Gear) - Bridge Zone

As the chat regulars will know, I've been a huge Sonic fan since childhood, and I don't think I'm the only one :P So I figured, it's about time I did some Sonic letsplays. I know Flopsy and Arty are also doing them, but there are a lot of Sonic games, so I'll cover some of the games they missed, and even when we do the same game, I'll have a different approach and different things to say about them.

It's also going to be a voyage of discovery for me: I've completed Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles before, but that leaves a lot of games that I've never even played, so I'll be going in blind.

I'm starting with Sonic 1 because it's a logical place to start, being the very first game of the series, and my aim is to post a video every Tuesday. (I was going to do them on Sundays, but I was unwell this weekend, and next Sunday is a long way off, so....)

I have a fair idea of which games I intend to do after that, but I think I'll keep it to myself as it's fun to surprise people 8-)

Playlist:

Sonic 1 (Mega Drive) - Green Hill, Marble, Spring Yard, Labyrinth, Star Light / Scrap Brain 1, Scrap Brain 2 and 3 / Final Zone
Sonic 1 (Game Gear) - Green Hill, Bridge
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:21:51 PM by Proxima »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Tuesdays: Proxima's Sonic LPs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
Awesome, it's finally happening :)

Really enjoyed the first part and you even managed to show me some secrets which I didn't know, looking forward to learning more from the remaining videos :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
Time for another game! Sonic 1 (Game Gear) begins today.

I'm also thinking of branching out, continuing with Sonic on Tuesdays and other games at the weekend. If that works out, I might be beginning a new LP from next weekend 8-)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
The game gear games are brilliant, why did you opt for these over the Master System versions though?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »
My best friend at school had a Game Gear, so this was the version of Sonic 1 I knew when I was growing up. I didn't even know about the Mega Drive game until I rediscovered the series as an adult; my cousins only had Sonic 2 on their MD.