Lix > Lix Main

80% of custom music wouldn't play

(1/2) > >>

Simon:
Solved: The unplayable music was .mp3, which Lix doesn't support

From IRC:

Flopsy: SimonN: question about music compatibility in Lix, I'm guessing there are some file types which are not compatible like .ogg?
Flopsy: Just recorded a session and about 80% of my music wasn't playing :(

Ogg should play perfecly.

What is the exact issue: In some levels, Lix played no track at all? Or Lix played a track in every level, but the track selection was a few tracks over and over?

Check data/log.txt near the end for complaints about unplayable music files: Ctrl+F for "unplayable music" without quotes.

If data/log.txt lacks any entries about unplayable music, you might have had bad luck with the random track selection. Lix might play the same track in every level, omitting all others. Maybe the purely random track selection is bad, and it should be a random permutation that doesn't repeat unless all tracks have played once.

-- Simon

Simon:
Flopsy: I'm getting mp3 file errors, not .ogg
SimonN: mp3 is not supported
Flopsy: ah ok
Flopsy: guess it's a good job I converted some
Flopsy: SimonN: what about .it?
SimonN: wav, ogg, it, xm, s3m, mod should all work

-- Simon

ccexplore:
Maybe there needs to be a more user friendly way to surface the information about music files that are not in compatible formats, beyond "checking data/log.txt".

Simon:

--- Quote from: ccexplore on December 19, 2017, 01:49:19 AM ---more user friendly way to surface the information about music files that are not in compatible formats, beyond "checking data/log.txt".

--- End quote ---

0.9.5 doesn't look at every file, but filters the tree for compatible formats. It never considers to play mp3 in the first place.

I could, at program start, find all files in the music tree, filter for common unsupported formats, and, if any found, warn in the UI about unplayable formats.

-- Simon

namida:
Could you simply use (insert D equivalent of FindFirst / etc here) to look for any file in the music folder with an unrecognised extension?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version