Author Topic: These "Lix session" threads are taking over this board  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
These "Lix session" threads are taking over this board
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:34 PM »
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the Site Discussion, but as a lurker, I'm seeing that the majority of recent threads on the Lix Main board are about sessions which are now outdated. I propose an additional "Closed" child board like in some of the other boards so that somebody will eventually be able to clear up this mess. Thank you. :)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: These "Lix session" threads are taking over this board
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
Very sensible. It's nice to skim the main Lix board for current discussion and issue reports.

I'll make a board to collect old multiplayer sessions away from the main board. I'm undecided whether new sessions should also be posted in that new board, but we can decide that later. :lix-grin:

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »
IMO, new sessions to the sub-board sounds reasonable. Perhaps either the current one should be stickied, or old ones closed (leaning towards the former, as people may still want to discuss things that happened in them, especially shortly after the session), to differentiate the current ones.

If desirable, I'm fairly sure we can configure that board to allow anyone to sticky / unsticky their own topics, and 100% sure we can allow anyone to sticky / unsticky any topic as a fallback if need be.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »
Yeah, it's sensible to post even new sessions on the multiplayer board. I've renamed accordingly to "Multiplayer Sessions" and we have moved the threads there.

Sticky upcoming sessions is good.

-- Simon

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 08:34:11 AM »
IMO, new sessions to the sub-board sounds reasonable. Perhaps either the current one should be stickied, or old ones closed (leaning towards the former, as people may still want to discuss things that happened in them, especially shortly after the session), to differentiate the current ones.

In my opinions both ideas would work well here. Putting your thought into place about closures I think the old sessions should close a week after the last post, rather than be left open all the time. How does that sound?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 01:06:28 AM »
After thinking, I'm happy to close old sessions instead of pinning sessions.

Reason: Pinning merely suggests that the topic is important, but not that it is urgent. Closing conveys that the topic is certainly not urgent. Closing is also only one extraordinary action, pinning would be two (pin on creation, then unpin later).

Rather than after 1 week, I suggest that sessions older than 2-4 weeks be closed.

I'm happy to do it manually for now, or other mods can close once they see it. There exists a forum modification to autolock topics, could consider to install it once we're happy with the closing.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:11:59 AM by Simon »