Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #13 - Results  (Read 3452 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lemmings Forums Level Contest #13 - Results
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »
Ladies and gentleman, we've got our final results! :)

Congratulations to Nessy for winning the 13th Lemmings Forums Level Contest! :thumbsup:

Well and also congratulations to me for reaching the 2nd place :XD:

Choice for the prize for first place is a month's advertising on the news ticker, picking the next contest's rules, or US $5.00 (PayPal would be the easiest here I think).

I will soon (likely sometime next week) post another topic regarding "level of the year" and maybe even if the crowd demands it a parallel contest as the "level of the year" procedure takes rather long and having no contest with new stuff at all for all this time seems a bit sad.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #13 - Results
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »
And my initial prediction was correct that Nessy would win this one.

Well done Nessy, it's a truly brilliant and deserving winner.

The line up of contest levels this time round were of very good quality, thanks to everyone who sent a level in :)

Regarding another contest, I think we are better off holding off until the new year in that respect. Forum activity will be very low around the Christmas weeks.
Can't wait for the Level of the Year contest :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »
Thanks everyone! To be blunt I can't believe I won :lem-shocked:, considering all the amazing levels. With that mind, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who participated and submitted levels for this contest. Your awesome levels made my first experience with an official contest truly memorable and fun! :D Thank you!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:48:53 PM »
Congratulations Nessy! :thumbsup:

I want to just add that it was a very difficult to choose my votes this time: lots of very nice levels of a variety of types; I enjoyed every one to some extent. :thumbsup:

:birthday:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
Congrats Nessy! You'r level deserved to win. :thumbsup:

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 04:40:17 PM »
I'll admit to being a bit jealous. Knowing that I've designed a lot of bad levels and that Nessy seems to be a design prodigy making top tier stuff and winning contests on his first try is frustrating. :8():
My petty quibbles aside, congrats on winning! :thumbsup:

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 06:25:42 PM »
While I was hoping to win to give Nepster his rule picks back, I still offer Nessy my hearty congratulations! That was a beautiful level, even if I still don't know the intended solution. :thumbsup:

Also, congrats to Icho on getting second place! That level was really awesome as well. :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »
Regarding another contest, I think we are better off holding off until the new year in that respect. Forum activity will be very low around the Christmas weeks.
Can't wait for the Level of the Year contest :)

If this is a concern, could I make the suggestion of introducing the rules in December (before the holidays, preferably) and having an extended submission period? I'm probably not the only one who will have some time off around the holidays that could potentially be used to make some levels. There were only three contests for the entirety of 2017, including Level of the Year 2016. I'd also propose that submission phases could be held at the same time as voting for the previous contest. The only real disadvantage I can think of for that would be what happens when the winner of contest (n) would be unable to choose a rule for contest (n+1) if this were to be offered as a prize. It's easily fixed, however - they could instead pick a rule for contest (n+2).

I admit, however, that I don't usually participate in the contests. Whether or not I choose to participate is usually entirely dependent on whether any of the rules seems like something I think I can work with.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
There were only three contests for the entirety of 2017, including Level of the Year 2016. I'd also propose that submission phases could be held at the same time as voting for the previous contest. The only real disadvantage I can think of for that would be what happens when the winner of contest (n) would be unable to choose a rule for contest (n+1) if this were to be offered as a prize. It's easily fixed, however - they could instead pick a rule for contest (n+2).

This would lead to that there will always be a playing phase or a submission phase and therefore no breaks on the contest train and too many contests + maintaining these would be a lot more stressful as well. I would consider that harmful to the overall participation and interest.

That there were only 3 contests in 2017 was mainly becuse the LOTY 2016 contest was going on for forever and no other official contest ran during that time (+ namida was a bit forgetful about some voting deadlines ;))
That's why I suggestest running a normal contest during LOTY 2017 and after the feedback here a good time to roughly start it would be after the holidays/new year. I could start the submission phase a bit earlier maybe mid december and make it a bit longer if you all want it. :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 09:12:01 PM »
I could start the submission phase a bit earlier maybe mid december and make it a bit longer if you all want it. :)

I don't mind this happening. Longer submission phase would be very beneficial during quieter times on the forums during the holidays.