Author Topic: [Bug] Editor won't open (#lack is not a valid value for Int32) [SOLVED!]  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
On trying to open the editor, I'm presented with this error message.

I didn't even have the editor open previously and I am unable to open it. Selecting Yes or No just closes the error message and does not open the editor.

I have tried redownloading the editor also and it does not solve this issue.

EDIT: attached the error log for more information on the issue.

EDIT2: Solved, see post below.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:49:55 AM by Flopsy »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug] Editor won't open (#lack is not a valid value for Int32)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »
Solved the issue with Simon's help

After doing a fresh install, I found a file in the styles folder on my older build called unknown and it contained just a single object and its corresponding txt file. I don't think the editor liked this folder and produced this error. Perhaps because it lacked a theme file?

For reference it was the same trap object you asked me to make for the Marble Garden tileset Nepster, I saved it in the styles folder and forgot about it.

After deleting this, the editor opened again.
Issue resolved but at least there's something to correspond this error message to in the future.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] Editor won't open (#lack is not a valid value for Int32) [SOLVED!]
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:02:40 PM »
Thanks for the bug report. I fixed the editor code, so that error shouldn't occur any more in the future.

I don't think the editor liked this folder and produced this error. Perhaps because it lacked a theme file?
Not quite. This error only occurs if the theme.nxtm file actually exists, but contains a line like
    ONE_WAYS xlack
instead of
    ONE_WAYS xFFFFFF