Lix > Lix Levels

Nessy's Lix Levels (V0.1.1)

(1/5) > >>

Nessy:
Hi :lix-smile:

I have created some Lix levels in the past but never really got around to publishing something... until now. I still plan to add some more levels, so this is going to be an "In Development" type of thread for now.

Previews:

Lix Ark
Don't let the architecture distract you.

Never Getting Back Together
A love story...

Ten Survivors
Ten lix, ten skills, one puzzle!

All levels are solvable. I have included all solutions below. Do what you wish with them :lix-tongue:

Enjoy!

Changelog (click to show/hide)V0.1
- Initial release (ten levels).

V0.1.1
- Removed extra skills in Lix Ark that are not necessary for all solutions I've seen.
- Added Runners in Nosebleed to avoid unnecessary precision in one of the intended solutions.
- Removed the unintended gaps in Walking The Blue Mile.
- Removed backroute in Waste Of A Skill.
- Changed Roadblocks to Breaking The Fourth Wall and removed backroute.
- Removed backroute in Sanctum.

Forestidia86:
Solved all your levels and attached the replays (v.0.9.2).

Some remarks (click to show/hide)Were some nice and special mechanics in there; the pack seemed generally more trick oriented. Sometimes I mistook destroyable terrain for steel due to the color. The solutions seemed often precise but I don't know if I was backrouting.

I have the impression that "Lix Ark" is not fully intended.
"Never Getting Back Together" had a really interesting mechanic if it was intended.
"Nosebleed" felt a bit finicky; especially separating that one blocker.
I'm not sure if "Sanctum" is fully intended since I just wasted one lix.

Nessy:
Thanks for playing Forestidia86!

Comments (click to show/hide)Which levels did you find the most challenging? I'm very bad at judging the difficulty of my own levels so any feedback you want to give on this would be great help! Also, which ones were your favorites and/or least favorites (I'm just curious ).

Also which levels did you mistake terrain for steel? I find this important because I don't want people failing a level because of that.

And for your solutions:

Ancient Temple Of Lix - Intended.

Lix Ark - Not intended, but I really like this solution so it's perfectly acceptable.

Never Getting Back Together - Intended.

Nosebleed - One of the intended solutions, but the more precise one. I guess I never really tried testing out all situations where placing a blocker on the crowd would be so annoying. I've made note of this.

Path To The Underground - Intended.

Roadblocks - This one is a backroute, but it was still a clever solution.

Sanctum - Although you used all skills and wasted one lix exactly this is still a backroute, but it's an easy fix by tweaking one skill.

Ten Survivors - Intended.

Walking The Blue Mile - Intended (you just didn't use a reverse miner trick at the end which is okay with me).

Waste Of A Skill - Intended.

Forestidia86:
Thanks for the feedback.

Concerning your questions (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: Nessy on November 28, 2017, 05:21:09 PM ---Which levels did you find the most challenging? I'm very bad at judging the difficulty of my own levels so any feedback you want to give on this would be great help! Also, which ones were your favorites and/or least favorites (I'm just curious ).

Also which levels did you mistake terrain for steel? I find this important because I don't want people failing a level because of that.

--- End quote ---

- Concerning mistaking terrain for steel:

"Never Getting Back Together" - the construction pillars on the edge; just thought I could backroute and turn there, so nothing which destroys finding the right solution

"Ten Survivors" - mistook the small concrete parts on the bricks on the lower line for steel; that is important for the solution

- Concerning difficulty:

The level I solved last was "Ancient Temple of Lix" although it doesn't even use a particular trick I think.
"Sanctum" looked like a hard level. Maybe I backrouted it therefore. Maybe this applies to "Roadblocks" as well; I don't know.

"Path To The Underground" seemed a bit easier though a bit finicky.

"Waste Of A Skill" seemed a to implement a bit trickier mechanic.

But I think in the end all levels seemed more or less at a similiar degree of difficulty for me. (Maybe similiar to the degree of the lemforum Cunning rank; but it's really hard for me to assess; the levels seemed just generally trick based.)

- Concerning preferences:

I often have no feeling about that apart there is something outstanding.

As I indicated I liked the mechanic of "Never Getting Back Together". Similiarly "Waste Of A Skill".

I think my least favorite was "Nosebleed" due to the finickyness of my solution and it seemed to use one trick I've seen this way before.

But nevertheless there was no level I really disliked; all levels seemed quite similiar in their enjoyability as well.

I generally liked this pack; one had some interesting things to do.

Edit: I just realized that Spoiler (click to show/hide)it is not geoo/construction/pillar but matt/bricks/18 what confused me.

Flopsy:
Interesting that you've converted some of your Lemmings Migration levels into Lix format Nessy.

Out of curiosity, I'm curious of the main problems you had with converting your levels.
Are there any key differences between NeoLemmix and Lix that made some of your solutions harder to enforce?

I'm interested to know in case I decide to convert some of my best of SEB Lems levels over to Lix in the future :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version