Author Topic: Who's read the Lemmings gamebooks?  (Read 6944 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Who's read the Lemmings gamebooks?
« on: September 25, 2005, 12:05:29 AM »
I ask because I've had them both for about as long as I've had the game, basically, but also because I'm told by Ahribar that he hasn't read them before. So I wondered who here has read them, since they're quite cool.

Jazzem

Re: Who's read the Lemmings gamebooks?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 09:17:04 AM »
Read about them, but not read them. I had two old Mario ones though, they were good, although the Game Over's were annoyingly random at times.

drumnbach

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 07:41:16 PM »
The Mario game books were classic. You'd meet your end because you didn't eat the cookie on page nine. If I remember right,  you had to collect coins on your way, and then add them up at the end.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:04:56 AM »
I haven't, but I sincerely wish I had.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:24:27 AM »
I had one of the Mario ones. Fun for a while, but really they're not forgiving at all. Never heard of Lemmings ones, though. Does anyone have a link for more information?

AstralLemming

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 11:57:44 AM »
I have finished Genesis Quest once, and completed Hypnosis Enigma twice. H.E. is a little harder than Genesis Quest(which, to tell the truth, bores me. Too easy.), but way more fun. The art in both them is only in black and white, but they're pretty well done. Some of the scenes are hilarious...

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 10:30:19 PM »
Finlay brought the books round when we met (this was part of a group meet on the other board we both belong to), but we didn't have any dice on us, so I could only play GQ, and not even all of that. It was very easy (but very funny in a sweet way); the other one looked more interesting.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 04:34:58 PM »
I've read them many times, since I've had them for 10 years... :)

Actually, I don't understand why you didn't just do it artificially (well it does spoil it a weee bit, I suppose) and just pick a dice roll each time...
The other one is more interesting, it is true. It's set up more like a story, and there's quite a big mystery element.
Sorry that I did forget dice, though, but it's not very obvious. Plus I don't really have any...