Author Topic: [Fixed][Bug] Minim PS3 Factory oww error  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
[Fixed][Bug] Minim PS3 Factory oww error
« on: November 17, 2017, 06:23:07 AM »
While trying to convert SEB Lems, I managed to get everything converted except for the 2 levels I have which use the Minim PS3 factory tileset.

Firstly there's an error with the title of the translation file, NeoLemmix tries to open minimps3factory.nxtt when it is in fact called minimps3factorye.nxtt.
I'm not sure whether this error is unique to me but my minimps3factory tileset was never called minimps3factorye.dat

Renaming the translation file by removing the extra e on the end solves this issue.

However, if there are any One Way Walls from the PS3 Factory tileset in the level then it spits out this error when trying to load the old format file in the editor.

"Exception EAbort in module NeoLemmix.exe at 002794F2
Error loading the level: Could not find object piece: default:oww_left."

I amended this by removing the one way arrows and replacing them with One way arrows from an original lemmings tileset (Marble).

I have read the graphic set topic for Minim's tilesets and have understood that it's intentional that this tileset is supposed to now use One way arrows from default.

The 2 levels I have in this tileset are now running in new format but only after I removed the Yellow One way arrows that were in the original tileset.

This error may affect others who made levels in this tileset and used the Arrows provided in the tileset.

The saving grace now is at least I have finally been able to fully convert SEB Lems :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:24:00 PM by Nepster »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] Minim PS3 Factory oww error
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 05:55:50 PM »
Firstly there's an error with the title of the translation file, NeoLemmix tries to open minimps3factory.nxtt when it is in fact called minimps3factorye.nxtt.
I'm not sure whether this error is unique to me but my minimps3factory tileset was never called minimps3factorye.dat
I don't have this style myself, did not convert it and unfortunately don't remember who sent the conversion to me. 
First of all: My file is called "minim_ps3factorye.nxtt", not "minimps3factorye.nxtt". This is probably just a typo in your post, though.
Secondly: As I am not sure what the usual name is, I will simply add a "minim_ps3factory.nxtt" in the next NL release, that has the very same content as the existing file. Then both names for the .dat style will work.

However, if there are any One Way Walls from the PS3 Factory tileset in the level then it spits out this error when trying to load the old format file in the editor.

"Exception EAbort in module NeoLemmix.exe at 002794F2
Error loading the level: Could not find object piece: default:oww_left."

I amended this by removing the one way arrows and replacing them with One way arrows from an original lemmings tileset (Marble).
This is simply a bug in the .nxtt file. It references the piece "oww_left", while the piece is actually called "owa_left". I will fix this in the next update. Then converting everything should work fine, even without your hack.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] Minim PS3 Factory oww error
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
I was the one that converted Minim's graphic sets. It seems that I forgot to remove that "e" in the original .dat file names. "minim_ps3factory.nxtt" and "minim_ps3dark.nxtt" are the correct names.