Author Topic: Special Levels Music for String Quartet!  (Read 16959 times)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
Re: Special Levels Music for String Quartet!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 03:05:52 AM »
Here it is! Enjoy! :)
(We flubbed the end big time, but hey, the rest of it came out in one piece :P)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U7cgbNQ6qY
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Special Levels Music for String Quartet!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »
Finally got a chance to listen.  Not bad! 8-)  Actually whatever the flub was at the end wasn't particularly noticeable IMO, sure maybe it wasn't as clean and strong and together as it could've been, but I don't think it was noticeably worse than the rest of the performance.  Actually, the only thing that did stick out for me was at around 2:30 (which admittedly is near the end so maybe that's the flub? ???) when you (I'm assuming you're the 1st violin) seem to be suddenly playing a whole bunch of fast notes.  I can't hear the notes clearly and they don't really sound like they quite fit with the rest of the music, it was just kind of strange.  If I were just listening I probably wouldn't even take notice (as I said, couldn't actually hear those notes clearly anyway), but watching the performance visually it was hard not to take notice of the furious bowing at that point that was not matched by any of the other parts.

Overall, assuming that there simply wasn't much rehearsal time spent on this, it worked out alright I think.  Out of curiosity, is this quartet thing just you and the other three rehearsing and practicing all on your own, or was there some sort of coach or teacher to help provide constructive feedback and technical advice?

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
More on the Lemmings-stringmusic front
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 12:57:55 AM »
Within the next week, I will post a video of the latest product of my increasingly limited downtime. This will be a violin+viola arrangement of the two originals I've always called "Two Lemmings Tango" and "Lemming Calliope." I haven't done much arrangement or composition in over a year and I'm certainly excited to share more of my cacophony with you all! Be on the lookout, possibly as soon as tomorrow!

Take good care of my Lemmings!
-Hyp
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.