Author Topic: Flopsy's Sonic Tileset project (New: MYSTIC CAVE Zone tileset)  (Read 16907 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Flopsy's Sonic Tileset project (New: MYSTIC CAVE Zone tileset)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »
I don't know if this is in the works but I actually think that Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2 would make a great tileset. The blue bubble goop and maybe even those bee/spider badniks that grab you can be great (and funny?) traps.

Too bad the rising water gimmick is culled though, to make a level based on the rising water part in Act 2 :P :P

Chemical Plant Zone has been a consideration especially considering what a legacy that Zone has been, being in Sonic 2, Sonic Generations and Sonic Mania!

Good suggestion for the badnik trap as well, I'll keep that in mind.

Death Egg Zone (S&K) is currently being made at the moment and it is going quite well :).

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:45 PM »
Two Things I might ask

What Sonic CD zone have you considered doing? and if you had to choose only one time period for that zone what would it be? or would you rather mix it all up?

and Would you consider doing one of the 2 player zones from sonic 3? The sprites are on spriters resource right here and if you could choose, which one would that be? or would you cast a vote?

Lastly, I've been wanting to sprite my own exits for you previous Sonic sets, think you can hand me the files for each of the exits you used on those sets?

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »
GigaLem, I've got no plans to do anymore tilesets at this time.

If I did do anymore, it would most likely not be any Sonic CD or Sonic 3 Competition zones.

I have considered doing Metallic Madness from Sonic CD but decided not to since Scrap Brain is very similar.
Wacky Workbench is another good zone to use, I don't really take much notice of time periods in CD, they all look the same to me.

Sonic 3 competition mode zones: I can't remember the names of specific ones but I honestly don't think any are worth the time. The carnival one (Balloon Park) maybe but there's one in there that looks a lot like Mystic Cave and another which looks like Sandopolis.

Sure, I'll send the entrance and exits to you for the current tilesets when I can :)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 10:27:09 PM »
Thank you.
Besides I would definitely be down for a Chemical plant set.

Besides if you do a 2 player zone, I can suggest Chrome Gadget and Azure Lake.