Author Topic: Movies  (Read 57803 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »
Hmmm...

As everyone can see, there is obviously a big issue with the Lord of the Rings movies.  I've read all three main LOTR books, and The Hobbit.  Yes, they do change some things, but in general, it doesn't seem like they change that much.  The paths of the dead are definitely different, but, I can't really blame them.  Imagine, recording a bunch of guys walking through a passage for about however many minutes, and then finding a door with a dead guy hanging on it, and then calling up the army and having it follow you automatically.

Even so, I don't see why the inaccuracies such as would bother you so much.  The movies don't imply that the book is wrong or anything.  It's more like listening to a kinnd of altered version that is still good.  Also, even if specifics are missing/changed, the army movement is about 95% correct.

So, I think the movies
1. Are ,as most book-movies, not completely accurate to the book
2. Good despite inaccuracies
3. Would be too long if absolutely everything was included.  I mean, each movie is already about 3 hours long.  Imagine having EVERYTHING put in!!!

If you feel otherwise then go ahead and present a counter argument.  It would be more than welcome.  (I'm good at debates)

Conway

« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2005, 06:46:56 PM »
Who's seen Shaun of the Dead?

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2005, 10:37:52 AM »
I've never even heard of it, and, I don't think anyone else has.  Enlighten us and tell us the story...or if you don't want to spoil it.

Conway

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2005, 04:21:35 PM »
It's quite popular, here in Britain at least. It's basically a zombie comedy set in London. It's funny, gory, and very entertaining. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365748

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »
Hey! You don't answered my question! >:(

Have you seen the movie: The Darkness? Because you didn't answer, I guess it means that the answer is no?!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Conway

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2005, 08:40:36 PM »
I haven't. What's it about?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2005, 04:48:57 PM »
Ok, ok! Sorry! :-[

It's about a haunted house where the shape of the house is an evil symbol. So, a new family is coming in this house and there's some (supposed) stressful parts&#AD;. But the movie isn't very stressful at all.

Not like The Ring 2 that is coming in March! Oooooh! I can't wait!!!

Also, there's a movie called: Cursed about werewolves. It seams to be a good movie!

Conway

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2005, 01:44:26 AM »
Dragonslover, by 'stressful', do you mean suspenseful? Stressful is what you feel when you've had a busy day, or when you've got a lot on your mind or when you're really worries about something. Suspenseful is when you're eagerly waiting for something, often not knowing what it is, like in a film when you know something is going to come out of the shadows and say 'BOO!' =8O

Anyway, who's seen Monty Python and the Meaning of Life? I've just seen it for the first time today. It's full of a lot of childish gross-out humour, as well as religious and political satire. So don't see it if you're easily offended.

Wait, what am I saying? See it! See it now!

I must admit, it's not as good as Life of Brian or The Holy Grail, but it's still funny and worth seeing.

Louise

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »
He's been singing 'every sperm is sacred' practically all day.  :-/

Conway

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2005, 04:02:29 PM »
Lol! It's just such a catchy song!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2005, 04:57:43 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089583381/135#142 date=1110419066
Dragonslover, by 'stressful', do you mean suspenseful? Stressful is what you feel when you've had a busy day, or when you've got a lot on your mind or when you're really worries about something. Suspenseful is when you're eagerly waiting for something, often not knowing what it is, like in a film when you know something is going to come out of the shadows and say 'BOO!' =8O

Suspenseful, then!

Conway

« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2005, 04:30:24 PM »
Another film that everyone should see is Memento. Actually, it's now a few years old, but I just got the DVD last week and saw it for the first time. It's quite confusing at first, but it all makes sense at the end. So, has anyone seen it?

Louise

« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2005, 08:38:31 PM »
I have.

Conway

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2005, 11:18:22 AM »
Who's seen Lost Highway?

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2005, 07:43:34 PM »
Not me, but has anyone seen that old movie Space Balls? My friend showed me it yesterday, and I couldn't stop laughing!