Author Topic: Lemmings Plus 3 - Nearly here! [edit: Released!]  (Read 24841 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus 3 - Nearly here! [edit: Released
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2006, 11:41:31 AM »
Update on my progress: I've passed every level in sets 1 and 2, and all of set 3 except levels 10 and 15.

3-10 is really stumping me; only thing I can think of is that there might be a hidden exit......

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »
Really? I found 3-10 rather easy to work out...

3-15 on the other hand, that's the toughest level in the set (to work out, and to implement)...

I'm up to 4-1 now, but haven't had time to play in the past several days.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2006, 03:33:37 AM »
In my opinion, 3-10 is one of those levels that is "too easy for it's position".

3-15, on the other hand, I agree is a very hard level.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »
OK, I've done 3-10  :)  I still wouldn't call it "easy", though; it seems to take a lot of precision, both in placing some of the skills and in timing the release of the crowd. I just managed to get them in with 0 seconds left (without using the fast-forward cheat, of course).

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
You must have found a "backroute" that's much more complicated to pull off. There's a very simple solution, and while there's a couple of places where you need to be somewhat precise, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »
Hmm, or maybe I'm just complaining because I had to do so many restarts  :P

My solution: climb, bash right at the top, build. Coming back, mine off the corner so the other lemmings can get up. Let the climber rejoin the crowd and climb out once more, and build the crowd out (this one does need to be pixel-precise). The climber builds back to reach the top wall and bashes. I can't imagine there's any other way to do it.......

Anyway, I've solved up to and including 4.8 now, except for 3.15 still and 4.4 (Copyright Infringement Part Two) just because I foresee needing a lot of restarts for that one, so I've saving it for when I have a good chunk of time.

Nice levels, but the hints for 4.5 and 4.7 were silly! Both indicated particular tricks -- but not only were the levels perfectly easy to do without those tricks, I have no idea how to solve them with them! You must have very different solutions from mine.......

Oh, and this post makes me the board's #1 poster  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »
Solved 4.18. Another one to cross off the list of doubtful imperfect levels -- there's definitely no way to save more than 26.

EDIT: and I've saved 79/80 on Zanmato 12. Also definitely impossible to improve on, so there are only four "doubtfuls" left.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 03:50:24 AM »
Unlike all the other LP3 levels, 4.9 "The Way Across" uses a cheap trick. That being said, it isn't one of those "invisible" ones like replay glitches or making one lemming count as two, it's one that you should be able to work out if you simply study how specific skills work.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2006, 09:35:02 PM »
Well, I haven't found it.

Levels that I haven't solved yet: 3-15, 4-4, 4-9, 4-14, 4-16, 4-17, 4-19. Just seven left!

1-20 and 2-4 are the only levels I haven't saved 100% on yet, of the ones where it's possible.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2006, 04:12:50 AM »
1-20 just requires a bit of precision, it's not hard to work out.

2-4, on the other hand, if you're aiming for 100% is the hardest level in LP3. (If you're just going for requried amounts, 4-17 is the hardest)

As for the regular levels:

3-15 - Still stuck, eh?
4-4 - I thought you had completed this one?
4-9 - Think about how skills interact with each other.
4-14 - If you can 100% 1-20, you've got this one sussed...
4-16 - This one is kinda tricky...
4-17 - Good luck. You'll need it.
4-19 - This one isn't hard. There again, if you can't be bothered, that's understandable.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »
Oh, I've worked out how you can do 4-4 by copy-pasting the thing into the editor and using sketches. Doing it is another matter  ;)  especially as one part of the top-right section is damnably tricky.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:04 PM »
I achieved 100% on 2-4 at last  ;D