Author Topic: New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.  (Read 31552 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: New PSP Lemmings Screenshots.
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2005, 11:41:07 PM »
Quote from: Jazzem  link=1125415222/30#42 date=1125617504
I use the Windows version of Lemmings for ONML, and that doesn't have the ONML music.

Oh I see.

Well then, we are now comparing MIDIs to MODs, which basically boils down to personal preference I think.  And actually, I'd say that the original Lemmings music adapts very well even in the limited sound capabilities of the DOS version too, so I think all 3 are contenders.

I was thinking ONML because I remember either Shvegait or Mindless describing the DOS version's ONML music as "grating".

Incidentally, I'm not sure I agree with the "elevator music" labeling.  My concept of "elevator music" is something that's kinda slow and sleepy, and can easily blend into the background unnoticed when you're doing something else on the elevator like talking or checking the meeting room for your next meeting.

The Lemmings music, original or not, clearly does not fit that description.  ;)

Andi

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2005, 12:15:42 AM »
As for the music, I just like it. I dunno if the music is good and I never even touched an Amiga, but I simply like it.

Blood? Well, looking at some screenshots says me they have overdone it! I can't wait to hear "Lemmings for PSP banned in Germany because of too much blood!" (In that case I would have to force you stop talking about it, or I censor the name. =8O They are going mad here anyway.). Green blood like in Lemmings Revolution? Just weird. A bit of red blood, not too much, would do it alright.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2005, 03:11:41 AM »
"O Little Town of Bethlehem" is track 14 on the jukebox; "Ten Green Bottles" is track 16.

I don't mind the blood -- that boulder trap was always rather gory -- but I agree with ccexplore, the spinning fire trap on the Athens style is hideous. I don't mind that the Pink style isn't the original, so much as the fact that it was the best-looking, most varied and interesting style and they've made it look bland. I do like what they've done with the Columns and Hell styles, though, so it kind of balances out.

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2005, 04:12:41 AM »
Overall, not bad. The only thing that bugs me is that the exits look bad, and the traps seem to be unnecessarily bloody. The zooming in feature looks nice. If I had a PSP it would definitely be the first game I'd get.

PK

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2005, 11:22:21 AM »
Quote from: tumble_weed  link=1125415222/15#22 date=1125580830
...and the SPLAT thing looks extremely out of place.

They're in flux at the moment. The ones in the screenshots are placeholder. The whole visual / audio bits ("let's go" etc.) are being changed or cut...

tumble_weed

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 02:35:35 PM »
oh, good!

Are you someone who is working on the game?

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 03:09:38 PM »
I'd assume (s)he is since, (s)he has a "@team17.com" email address, but you probably noticed that.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2005, 04:04:46 PM »
Hey! PK! Nice to see a Team17 worker here! :thumbsup:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

AstralLemming

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005, 02:25:37 PM »
Amazing. They actually found us.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2005, 12:21:38 PM »
This just looks weird.
Just so you know, the music is actually described by the credits in the game and the manual as elevator music.
Some bits do look alright here, to be fair, but the overall effect doesn't quite look like the lemmings we all know and love...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 02:38:14 PM »
Quote from: finlay  link=1125415222/45#54 date=1128082898
This just looks weird.
Just so you know, the music is actually described by the credits in the game and the manual as elevator music.

That's only true for the Mac version, although maybe it's in the manual in the PC version as well.  (And I guess I haven't checked all the other versions out there either.)

I only found out recently (because I finally got hold of a Mac emulator) that the Mac version of the games have more elaborate credit text.  On the PC version, I'm pretty sure it's just a regular set of credits to the people involved.  The Mac version on the other hand also includes a whole bunch of extra text about the game itself (things like "can you beat them all", "we're not responsible for lost of sleep", etc.)

the overall effect doesn't quite look like the lemmings we all know and love...

But imagine if the idea for Lemmings never came about until last year.  If that was the case then the original Lemmings would have probably looked more like the screenshots here then the screenshots in home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution.  Imagine that.

AstralLemming

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2005, 09:15:18 AM »
Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1125415222/45#55 date=1128091094

But imagine if the idea for Lemmings never came about until last year.  If that was the case then the original Lemmings would have probably looked more like the screenshots here then the screenshots in home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution.  Imagine that.

Okay. That is just plain frightening.

Anatol

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
To add a new perspective to the level graphics...

I played ONML for about a year before I ever played original Lemmings. And when I first saw the original graphics, I was like, "Oh! What kind of graphics are these?!? These are HORRIBLE!" But then I got used to them (as well as the different music B))

Hopefully it'll be the same way with the PSP Lemmings.

Gosh...I haven't posted for like a year!!! =8O =8O

JM

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2005, 03:11:59 PM »
Welcome back Anatol pleased to hear from you :)

I like the screenshots of the New PSP Lemmings. The dirt set level looks pretty cool. I also love the Crystal level. The crystal graphic set is my favourite from the Original Lemmings. My favourite set from ONML is the Bubble set. I also love the extended graphics. Also I like the scenery of the second Level on your Custlemm levelpak where it says COOL on 1 of the sides of the level.

Anatol

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
 B) Hey! Someone actually played my level pack! :D

Out of curiosity, have you passed them all? It's hard to tell how difficult they are when I made them O_o