Author Topic: Miniatures (misc/miniatures)  (Read 11916 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Miniatures (10 small levels)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 06:04:37 AM »
The miniatures and my extra levels are now in the master branch of my unstable repository. I've used the most recent version of everything geoo has posted here. Proposed ordering of the miniatures.

Everything is covered -- either by myself, or by Forestidia's posted replays for In the Cubicle and Rock on the Block, these were judged (near-)intended by geoo.

geoo, would you like to include your unreleased levels in the next release, too? Post them or PM them.

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
I'd have to clean up and organize my levels first, I'll leave that for some other time.
I just turned some of the simpler levels into miniatures though, see attached. This is nice as it bumps up the pack, and also should help me keep my future pack more coherent.

Here's a proposed ordering of the levels (didn't give it too much thought, though I tried to make our levels alternate a bit more):
Code: [Select]
solitary.txt
frogfractions.txt
jerboagarden.txt
thebottomless.txt
diodes.txt
atthepond.txt
deadlycells.txt
overhead.txt
centipede.txt
scrapingthescripture.txt
spinmearound.txt
sendingapostcard.txt
ifoisland.txt
parrotcage.txt
africanwigwam.txt
inthecubicle.txt
rockontheblock.txt

Also attached are the solutions to my and your new levels.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 06:34:11 AM »
geoo's solutions to my maps are all intended.

I streamed geoo's 4 new miniatures yesterday, link remains good for 14 days.

The Bottomless Closet: We narrowed the steel platform below the exit. This caused geoo's proof to fail. geoo, could you please reprove The Bottomless Closet as it is now in unstable/master?

I didn't manage to solve The Bottomless Closet on stream, I'd rank it higher. In total, I'm considering this ordering:

Proposed ranking (click to show/hide)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:48:56 AM by Simon »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 07:36:06 AM »
Regarding ordering, is having a specified order critical in Lix?

In NeoLemmix, in the absence of a defined level order, NeoLemmix automatically sorts the levels into alphabetical order. If I remember correctly, it also won't assign level numbers when this is the case, though I might be wrong on that. For smaller packs, and perhaps even certain types of larger packs, this may sometimes be more logical - not to mention for "misc single levels" directories, which sounds like is the situation here.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 08:23:51 PM »
Fixed backroutes for two levels and attached new replays for those.
Proposed ordering is fine with me.

namida: Without specified ordering they'd appear in alphabetical order but we don't want that as they should ideally be sorted in roughly increasing difficulty.

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »
Here my replays, I skimmed through the pack in the last 24 hours or so, was very fun and sometimes frustrating!

A rough difficulty tier list for me personally, based on how long (or how many fresh retries after doing other things) I needed for a level:

Simple:
Solitary Confinement, Frog Fractions, Diodes, At the Pond, Overhead, Scraping the Scripture, Centipede, Ifo Island, Spin Me Around, African Wigwam

Medium:
Dadly Cells, Sending a Postcard, Jerboa Garden, Parrot Cage

Hard:
The Bottomless Closet, In the Cubicle, Rock on the Block

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 10:42:26 AM »
Good job! Pretty much all intended (for my levels anyway), except for some minor variations.
Thanks also for the difficulty estimates! I found African Wigwam quite tricky when I first played it.

I slightly modified Deadly Cells and Spin Me Around, see attached. Original proofs should still work.
Rock on the Block is also a tiny bit different, but definitely in the spirit of the original solution, no need to change anything there.

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »
I'll be looking forward to contributing to this pack with some mean bug-infested levels as per usual which will become unplayable in the close future with Simon rogue-patching them out 8-)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Miniatures (misc/miniatures)
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »
Forestidia found a backroute to The Bottomless Closet, see attachment.

Everything is extremely precise. IchoTolot has watched the intended route and suggests to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »
Interesting solution, though it looks super precise.

I don't have time to work on a fix within the next week at the very least, but Icho's suggestions sounds good. I remember contemplating how far to go with that considering the ease of execution/backroute safety trade-off.
If someone can go ahead with a fix that'd be great, especially if the execution of the intended solution doesn't get too tough as a result.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 07:51:57 PM »
Thanks! I'll take of Bottomless Closet next week, and will re-cover.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 09:11:01 PM »
See attachment for a fix to The Bottomless Closet. I'll merge this into the next release, that should be in 1-2 weeks.

Changes (click to show/hide)

The attached file is both a proof and a level.

-- Simon