NeoLemmix > NeoLemmix Main

Reconsider solid ceiling in view of addition of shimmier? [DISCUSSION]

(1/8) > >>

Proxima:

--- Quote from: IchoTolot on September 29, 2017, 09:12:33 AM ---The ceiling acts like a steel wall in all other cases. Builders hit their head, Lemmings turn if they run against it. So it would only be logical if the shimmier grabs onto it. Not doing so would be a weird special rule.
--- End quote ---

Well, I think it is time we reconsidered the deadly ceiling. Nepster decided to cull radiation and slowfreeze in spite of damage to existing content, because it resulted in a simpler and more consistent game.

Proxima:

--- Quote from: IchoTolot on September 29, 2017, 01:10:44 PM ---This was discussed on multiplay occasions in the past with the final result ending here: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2537.0
Even with a high majority in favor of this.
--- End quote ---

In favour: namida, IchoTolot, Gronkling, Minim, Dullstar
Against: Nepster, mobius, Simon, Proxima

That's your idea of a clear majority?

IchoTolot:
1.) It would still be a majority.

2.) Where did you pull out Nepster's clear against voice?

Nepster after the content breaking analysis and last post: "I could live with a solid ceiling as well. Solid ceilings tend to create far less backroutes than solid edges, so turning deadly ceilings solid will not break many levels."

2 of the other against voices don't have content to maintain as well and wouldn't face hours of level checking and fixing and therefore no consequences. (Simon and you)

Proxima:
"I could live with" means "I would prefer not". If you want to discount that for not being "clear", then you should discount Gronkling and Minim's votes in favour as well. But this kind of tallying is pointless; if you want to see whether there's a majority or not, hold a poll of the current forum members. Several of the currently active content producers didn't contribute to the old discussion at all. My point was just to refute your claim that the discussion was closed because of a "high majority".

I accept that as I don't have a NeoLemmix pack yet, I'm not directly affected if we decide to make this change. On the other hand, leaving bugs and inconsistencies in the mechanics because we don't want to mess with old content does affect any content I make in the future, and it affects all new players and creators.

IchoTolot:

--- Quote from: Proxima on September 29, 2017, 04:30:49 PM ---"I could live with" means "I would prefer not". If you want to discount that for not being "clear", then you should discount Gronkling and Minim's votes in favour as well. But this kind of tallying is pointless; if you want to see whether there's a majority or not, hold a poll of the current forum members. Several of the currently active content producers didn't contribute to the old discussion at all. My point was just to refute your claim that the discussion was closed because of a "high majority".

I accept that as I don't have a NeoLemmix pack yet, I'm not directly affected if we decide to make this change. On the other hand, leaving bugs and inconsistencies in the mechanics because we don't want to mess with old content does affect any content I make in the future, and it affects all new players and creators.

--- End quote ---

That's why it was discussed multiple times and finally a decision was made to end it. If we pull out old discussions with final descisions again and again we never will find stability! :8():

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version