Author Topic: Lix 0.9.48 released  (Read 39350 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.7 released
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 03:24:46 AM »
Lix 0.9.7 released.
  • lemforum: Path to Mahiman, fixed backroute by early bashing.
  • ClamLix: Swapped Inside the Fourth Wall with Urban Ledge-End. Applied mobius's fix to Square Squabble from 2017-12-28.
  • Removed silent tile replacements, e.g., `moon.D' to `moon'. I've fixed about 20 levels that still used outdated tile names. I will make a pull request against NepsterLix with these replacements.
  • Fix #276: Replay browser prints the pointed-to filename, to avoid confusion what the pointedTo button does. I'd like to improve level-to-replay-matching further.
  • Fix #278: Don't link against allegro_main on any system. Linking against that produced warnings on Windows and program-terminating errors during dynamic library loading on Mac.
  • Fix #114: Don't index tiles at program start, allow adding tiles to the tree while Lix is running. This made the code far simpler. You still cannot change tiles while Lix is running because the file is read only once, then cached.
  • Fix #275: When a basher ran out of earth to bash, some basher code ran on walker memory, failing asserts in debugging mode. I don't believe this fix changes physics, therefore no major version number bump.
  • Fix #41: Options menu offers hardware fullscreen. This shouldn't be used normally, only when software fullscreen brings problems.
  • Fix #238: Lobby uses radio buttons for choice of server. We hide the manual address field when central server is chosen.
  • Fix: The level-to-image exporter crashed when called from the command line.
  • Document where to download music in the main readme, in the detailed build notes, and in the notes for package maintainers.
  • The Windows binary release has updated Allegro DLLs, they're Allegro 5.2.3.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:09:04 PM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
Better method 1. Extract to new directory, then copy these files and directories from old Lix into new Lix:
data/user/
data/config.txt
replays/
And any levels that you have built yourself. [emph. by me]

Well actually: and all other levels not in included in the main release (like from level packs not included in the main release)(if one wants to keep them).
(I've pushed for an update of that Lix level/fangame list because I've realized that I'm starting to lose the non-included levels over the instances.)

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 11:47:42 PM »
This may be an odd wish but can you tell in the changelog when you update the Allegro libraries? I only took notice of it indirectly through the fullscreen-issue. You even seem to have updated the zipfile from the build instructions, which is nice. But I can't know that I should download it again if it is not documented.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 11:53:16 PM »
Good idea. Allegro libraries are entirely independent from the source, but since I provide Windows binaries myself that many use, it's good style to mention that in the version history. Lix 0.9.7 was the first to ship with Allegro 5.2.3.

If you build from source and want the 5.2.3 libs, you need to download the .lib/.dll zip archive again, as explained in doc/build/windows.txt.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.8 released
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »
Lix 0.9.8 released.
  • lemforum: Lix Cannon, cover confusing gaps that were solid. Pipe Dream, remove miners, improve lower route. Snow Jump, raise two pieces slightly.
  • Fix #285: Solving singleplayer replays are auto-terminated with a nuke if you leave a game with ESC before the game is over.
  • Fix #281: Explain airclick to cancel replays in a tooltip.
  • When you scroll at the screen edge, a tooltip explains hold-to-scroll.
  • Fix #279: With music enabled, but no music installed, the main menu explains how to download the music archive from the Lix website. Text will appear in the corner of the screen, not as a dialog box.
  • Fix: Sound volume setting had no effect.
  • Editor shows mouse coordinates in the panel, in addition to the piece coordinates that it has already shown before.
  • TAB is default binding for the splat ruler/exit ping. If you keep your old user file, this change will not affect your bindings.
  • Removed unused hotkey to cycle spectated teams. When I have a better ingame score board with player names, I'll think about how to implement this.
  • Removed unused strings from translation files in data/transl/. Each file lost over 60 strings, mostly leftovers from C++ Lix.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:40:54 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.9 released
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
Lix 0.9.9 released.
  • Added Arty's multiplayer maps: Knock 'em Dead, Pyramid Scheme, Pandemonium Box. Modified Rubix's Access Denied to make it completely symmetric.
  • Fix #289: Replays that didn't point to levels, or even empty text files, crashed the replay browser on highlight.
  • Fix #290: Fixed crash when running Lix from the quicklaunch bar on Windows. Allegro 5 has an issue where the Windows sound driver depends on an active display, and I assumed that the sound initialization would always succeed. I've reordered my initializations and display an error message, not crash, in case the sound driver still fails to initialize, which should be rare.
  • Fix #288: Added optional program-wide hotkey to take a screenshot of the entire Lix window, saved in the export directory. No default keybinding. Plays disksave.ogg on screenshotting.
  • Fix #291: Replay verifier called from the replay browser won't interrupt the main menu music.
  • Fix #286: The player list in the multiplayer lobby won't draw over other parts of the window.
  • The splat ruler isn't drawn while the mouse hovers over the panel. All three colored bars of the ruler are drawn at 80 % opacity, not 100 %, to keep terrain details visible behind. Activating splat ruler/exit ping doesn't play a sound effect anymore.
  • Drew sunglasses icon and multiplayer nuke icon at scale 200 %.
  • Savestates during game play clock.ogg, not disksave.ogg, because they aren't written to disk. disksave.ogg is always played quietly, not loudly, because the sound file is extremely loud already.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:55:39 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 02:04:48 PM »
One thing which I have noticed for some time is that the readme is now a md-file even in your Win release.
What is the proper program to open that and is it intended that it is that format in the Win release?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
.md is text file with Markdown syntax. Open with your favorite text editor.

The idea behind Markdown is that it's both easy to read as a text file and to render HTML from it. This way, github can display a nice page for the repository. I still keep the text as UTF-8 with CRLF endings because it's core Lix documentation. CommonMark is the most complete Markdown specification and requires UTF-8 with either LF or CRLF, but some Markdown implementations don't care about this spec.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.10 released
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 09:54:06 AM »
Lix 0.9.10 released.
  • Updated Arty's multiplayer maps, removed Knock 'em Dead, added Feaster Islands.
  • Fix #294: Loading manual savestates could occasionally desync physics. This fix is covered with an automatic regression test.
  • Fix #295: Stateload won't preserve the future when you wish to discard replay actions undone with framestepping. Covered with an automatic regression test.
  • Fix #250: Permanent abilities appear as little icons over your own lix.
  • Hardcoded the first miner eye position for the fuse and ability icons. Reason: This miner pose covers the eye with her arm.
  • Slightly reduced Lix's hunger for RAM by running the garbage collection more often. I still have to debug this gigantic hunger for RAM properly. On large maps, Lix might want 1.5 GB on Windows and 500 MB on Linux.
  • Don't paint over the level search button when the directory list updates.
  • Translated the search string "Search for filenames or level titles".
  • Removed the unused multiplayer jingles from data/sound/.
  • Editor shows coordinates only in decimal, not in hex. The map size dialog still displays the size both in decimal and in hex.
  • Editor doesn't count exits in singleplayer maps, to improve the visible difference between singleplayer and multiplayer maps.
  • Documented SiegeLord's batch file for the Windows build. Discourage installing extra software on Windows merely to build 64-bit. 32-bit Lix runs fine and is easier to build.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:43:37 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.11 released
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »
Lix 0.9.11 released.
  • New multiplayer maps: Schism 2p by me, Team Attack 2p by Yung. Fixed exit order in Pave the Way 4p.
  • Implemented geoo's design for a splat ruler with only two bars. Both bars snap to terrain up to 16 pixels away. Hidden user option SPLAT_RULER_DESIGN in the config file data/user/yourname.txt can be set to 0 for this ruler, or to 1 or 2 for the three-pronged rulers from Lix 0.9.4 or 0.9.10.
  • Fix #220: On losing network connection, don't crash, but go back to the Connect screen of the lobby.
  • Fix #297: In the singleplayer browser, removed the gap between the delete and back buttons.
  • Fix #298: Option to invert the hold-to-scroll direction.
  • Fix #292: geoo/construction/Laser* flashes more clearly, to distinguish the lasers frmo red abstract pipes.
  • Fix #303: Print names of missing tiles on the level preview.
  • Previews in level browsers downscale the level more smoothly.
  • Mitigate #296 (RAM balloons to 1.5 GB on Windows) without solving it: Auto-savestate every 12 frames, not every 10, and keep 3 pairs, not 4.
  • Option to display torus seams is off by default.
  • In data/transl/*.txt, merged option titles and option descriptions in the same line per option, instead of having two lines per option.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:01:34 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.9.11 released
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »
Hidden user option SPLAT_RULER_DESIGN in the config file can be set to 0 for this ruler, or to 1 or 2 for the three-pronged rulers from Lix 0.9.4 or 0.9.10.

Well, it's not in config.txt but in data/user/YourName.txt. Technically that's probably meant with config file but I was confused at first. But thanks to make this an user option, even if it's hidden in the file.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.12 released
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 07:01:04 AM »
Lix 0.9.12 released.
  • Multiplayer maps: Arty's Let Them Eat Cake (rename of Feaster Island), Layer of Hell, Flopsy's Block Chaos, Nessy's Abandoned Sanctuaries.
  • lemforum: Some Cunning/Daunting levels reordered. This Lix, extra sawblade. Bipolar Maniac, imploders 5->1 because the level is lose-1. Tribute to Benny Hill, imploders 1->0.
  • On previewing/editing maps with more than 2.8 x 2^20 pixels (about 2.8 million pixels), Lix warns that these maps will likely crash. You can still play and edit these maps normally. The warning is not perfect, but OK for now; any real fix will be difficult.
  • Fix #229: Tooltips for all skills and all buttons during play.
  • Fix #306: `--fullscreen' command-line switch works again.
  • Allow the command-line parameter `--' to terminate switches. Subsequet arguments will be interpreted as files even if they look like switches.
  • Linking on Linux: In dub.json, specify only `allegro-5', not `allegro', and let dub use pkg-config to deduce linker flags (typically -lallegro).
-- Simon
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:43:29 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.13 released
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 01:43:50 AM »
Lix 0.9.13 released.
  • Close to the Edge, save 46/50->16/20. Building Block Maze, SI 32->50. The Abominable Snowlix, save 15/30->5/10. Block Chaos, walkers 20->60, overtime 1:00->2:00.
  • Fix #312: Splat ruler option is now public. Choose one of three ruler designs. Default is the 3-bar ruler with huge snap distance from 0.9.5 to 0.9.10.
  • Fix #308: Include Zanzindorf's lasers.
  • Fix #305: Autosave 4 pairs of savestates, not 3, on most maps, for performant framestepping/multiplayer.
  • Fix #55: Remove dialog on winning singleplayer. You go to the browser immediately after winning the level. Game pauses after losing, allowing you to framestep backwards or restart with the regular commands. I hope this satisfies the desire for a next-level button in the old dialog.
  • Fix #302: Remove end-of-multiplayer dialog. You go to the lobby immediately after finishing a networking game. The lobby console shows the result, but I plan to show better statistics here. This fixes the bug where observers were shown instead of players in the end-of-multiplayer dialog.
  • Fix #309: Show indexing progress of the search dialog. I still don't cache the search results; maybe the indexing feels still too slow on older computers even when its progress is shown.
  • When you show FPS and Phyus, I don't display VRAM anymore. Reason: Once VRAM got cached on huge maps, the Lix-estimated VRAM usage didn't match the real VRAM usage anyway.
  • New build dependency, Optional type. This is a source-only dependency and is automatically fetched by dub.
  • Batch file to build Lix on Windows conveniently by double-clicking.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:20:57 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.14 released
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »
Lix 0.9.14 released.

In total, this looks like a small release, and it indeed is mostly bugfixes for autoreplay bugs that I introduced in 0.9.13. It took me a long time to get those right.
  • Waltz in C Sharp Miner, removed backroute.
  • Moved Arty's race maps (Heart of a Gambler, one map per player count, 2-8 players) from network/*p/arty to network/races/arty.
  • Fix #314, #315, #318: When you win a singleplayer game or win an edited replay, either browser shows the game's stats under the preview and saves the replay automatically. (These bugs were regressions after I removed the end-of-singleplayer dialog.)
  • Fix: The command-line verifier generates checkmarks again.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:13:21 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.15 released
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13:31 AM »
Lix 0.9.15 released.
  • Behind You, Down Among the Dead Lix: Removed backroutes. Added Twelve-Bar Blues, a new multiplayer map by Proxima.
  • Fix #326: In the editor, clicking steel, then opening the terrain browser won't override the current terrain directory any more. You can still click on a regular terrain piece to open the terrain browser on its directory.
  • Fix #325: The default steel directory is images/geoo/steel/. This affects only on a completely new installation; after running the game once, your saved settings take precedence.
  • Fix #332: Tile groups will always be saved with relative coordinates that are all >= 0, even when some of their parts have transparent boundaries. (There is a bug left behind where tile groups with coordinates < 0 are loaded wrongly on torus maps, but changing the interpretation of a level file affects physics; thus, that second fix is postponed.)
-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:47:56 AM by Simon »