Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration  (Read 36639 times)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »
Small Update:

- The mysterious bug with the skill panel where "5" would display instead of "6" has been finally fixed.

- The solution to "The Abandoned Sanctuary" has been changed back to its original solution. It is now far too easy to be in the final rank, but the old solution is more elegant and that is more important to me. I am planning on reordering the levels based off of the additional feedback received anyway.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
Wafflem will be streaming Lemmings Migration this Friday, October 27 at 23:30 UTC / 19:30 EST (7:30 PM).

https://www.twitch.tv/wafflemm

Hope to see you there :D

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »
Just bumping this up for those of you who are interested in watching Wafflem stream this pack.

https://www.twitch.tv/wafflemm

It starts in one hour ;)

Offline eddiecochran

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Hats off. I'm not a pro but IMHO you are a brilliant (but also very nasty ;) ) level designer. I love your work. I'm midway through the Headache levels and they give me headache for real. They make original Lemmings Mayhem levels look like a cakewalk. ;)

The only one I'm not so excited about is your idea to reordering the levels. I guess this would make it really hard to further assign the (subsequently older) v2 replay files. And I fairly need them (at least to counter-check my solution).

BTW: What do you think about my solutions for Irritation 6 and Headache 4? Like it? Acceptable or backroutes?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:12:46 PM by eddiecochran »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2017, 01:12:03 AM »
Hi eddiecochran, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for playing my levels and I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

Don't worry about the reordering. I'm happy with where this level pack is, so even though the difficulty curve is still wacky I'm happy with the pack overall and that's more important for me. To be honest there are some levels that no longer meet my approval so I'm planning on taking the best and adding them in a separate pack with lots of new levels and leave this one as is.

As for your replays... (click to show/hide)

P.S.: Since your new here is a link to many more fan-made packs -> Lemmings & Lix Fangame List

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »
Ah, a best-of pack? Thought about doing that as well ;) . I just wasn't sure whether that would be considered "selling old wine in new bottles".

But with Lemmings Redux having just been released, I guess it makes sense for creators of several packs to do a "redux" of their own stuff, adding all the best puzzles together. Having done only two packs so far, it's a little early for me to go there. But I have two further projects in planning, and once both of them are finished, bringing the total number of packs up to four, why not?

I'll have to take a look at Migration again; I got stuck on "An incident in the mine", which, as Flopsy's LP has shown me now, was down to a too skill-costly method of crowd control. With that one out of the way, let's see how far I get!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »
Ah, a best-of pack? Thought about doing that as well ;) . I just wasn't sure whether that would be considered "selling old wine in new bottles".

Feel free to put levels from your released packs into your newer packs.

Please don't think you have to put entirely new levels in each pack.

Mobilems II was an update to the first Mobilems pack according to Mobius.

I'll have to take a look at Migration again; I got stuck on "An incident in the mine", which, as Flopsy's LP has shown me now, was down to a too skill-costly method of crowd control. With that one out of the way, let's see how far I get!

Glad to see my videos of the Migration pack are helping others in solving the levels :)

Offline eddiecochran

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
P.S.: Since your new here is a link to many more fan-made packs -> Lemmings & Lix Fangame List
Thx for the link - I saw that already. Phew! So many levels to solve, so little time. Think I had to delay most of them to my retirement. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
Just was resolving single levels that were stuck in my head for LOTY 2017 and I found one glaring backroute for Migrane 03 and I would like to get information about if my solution to Migrane 09 is intended.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »
Hi IchoTolot! Sorry for yet another delay in getting back to you :(

Migraine 3 is a backroute, but I already have the fixed version on my computer that hasn't been added to the main pack yet. I attached it below. The same intended solution is present; only the styling is different in places to avoid some precision and backroutes without using a lot of steel (it might also be slightly easier now, but that's fine. Quality is more important to me as I can always move it down a rank).

Migraine 9 is one of the intended solutions, but is now the only intended solution because I don't like the other one anymore.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 03:11:19 AM »
Version 2.3 is out!

A lot of updates have been made (anything in bold represents a major change)

Changelog (click to show/hide)

Up next... converting this pack to work on new formats :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »
A new format version of this pack (for NeoLemmix 12.0.1) is now available!

Overall conversation wasn't too bad:
- Mineshaft levels that required using a fake exit object for decoration now just use regular terrain.
- Only two levels in the first rank needed a terrain ceiling to compensate the new deadly ceiling behavior.

All levels have been tested and successful completed. Any thoughts or concerns please let me know :)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2018, 04:14:45 AM »
I finished the Painless and Irritation ranks.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »
I finished the Headache rank.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2018, 04:04:49 AM »
I finished the Migraine rank.