Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration  (Read 36656 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 03:15:56 AM »
First off, it would be an honor if you did an LP of my pack :). I know that when people do LPs they don't sit down and think about what they are going to say, they just say it and that's pretty good feedback in my opinion. Plus it's strangely fun watching all the attempts a person makes on a level instead of the final and successful attempt.

As for the custom music you shouldn't have any problems if you choose to use it. It's just 3D Lemmings and Nintendo music. The latter is at more risk, but it shouldn't happen.

I definitely recommend finishing LemmingBytes. It does get tough at the end, but not as much as some of the later Lemmings Plus entries.

I've got Nintendo music on my channel, it just tends to get flagged but doesn't result in muted videos. They only seem interested in the latest games when it comes to music flagging I've noticed. I have Splatoon videos on my channel and they are getting flagged left, right and centre.

I tend to respect the pack creator's music choices most of the time, the only time I changed the music was when I played LP Omega, LPIV and LPV because the playthroughs were really long and lacked music variety.

I'm going to continue LPV off video and show my replay solutions when I've solved the remainder of Outrageous. Hopefully I will record more Lemmingbytes in the coming weeks!

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2017, 03:21:45 AM »
Great! I think I might try tomorrow. I took a look at the documentations and one thing I noticed was that I found more negative criticism about my pack there. I wonder why nobody posted that much about it here, as I love to hear the good and the bad. For example, someone mentioned what their least favorite level was and how the solution could have been implemented better. I would love to hear how so that I can improve in the future ???. Seriously, I love that constructive criticism.

I've got Nintendo music on my channel, it just tends to get flagged but doesn't result in muted videos. They only seem interested in the latest games when it comes to music flagging I've noticed. I have Splatoon videos on my channel and they are getting flagged left, right and centre.

The most recent I have is from around 2012, so maybe it will still get flagged. I don't know. Regardless you can always use your own custom music. I have absolutely no problem with that :).

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:03 AM »
Great! I think I might try tomorrow. I took a look at the documentations and one thing I noticed was that I found more negative criticism about my pack there. I wonder why nobody posted that much about it here, as I love to hear the good and the bad. For example, someone mentioned what their least favorite level was and how the solution could have been implemented better. I would love to hear how so that I can improve in the future ???. Seriously, I love that constructive criticism.

I think there seems to be a fine line between what people will say in the IRC and what is said on the forums. I wouldn't take it personally :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
My solution to Irritation 6, this HAS to be a backroute!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 08:47:45 PM »
That was me who made the comment. And to put into context, my IRC comment was not meant as a negative criticism. Every pack has some least favorite level, but that doesn't mean it is a bad level in any way. I was just advising Proxima (who got stuck on this level), that compared to your other levels, he wouldn't miss too much if he skipped that level.
As you seem to like criticism, I will do my worst and write down all the bad things I can think of: :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
First video of my playthrough has just gone up on YouTube just now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4cG5aNcVy4&feature=youtu.be

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 07:20:46 PM »
First video of my playthrough has just gone up on YouTube just now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4cG5aNcVy4&feature=youtu.be

Awesome :thumbsup:. I will take a look at it later on today. Thanks!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2017, 11:41:33 PM »
Here are my replays for rank 2.

Not sure what Nepster was on about :P When I came back to 2-6, I found the solution fairly quickly and it was a really nice one! The remaining levels each had me stuck for a little while but not too long. Really good pack so far! :thumbsup:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »
My solutions for Migration V2.1, didn't yet solve Migraine 2: The Abandoned Sanctuary, Migraine 4: Six Days Without An Accident and Migraine 10: One Way Civilization. This replay package doesn't include replays for those levels that my earlier replays solved again in V2.1.

Headache3: Prisoners and Headache 6: You Know The Drill I solved later than other levels in the first 3,5 ranks, I found those tricky but I loved the solutions I finally found for them! :thumbsup: Also Irritation 5: An Incident In The Mine felt a bit hard for its place.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:51 AM »
Thank you everybody for the replies :thumbsup:. I will take a look at them and give you my detailed comments about each replay (especially for you Akseli like I promised in chat ;)).

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
Not sure if it's just me but the preview pictures in the first post of this topic are not showing up for me Nessy.

Just getting the X's instead.

My youtube playthrough is upto where I am in the level pack now. I still have not started the Headache rank.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
Not sure if it's just me but the preview pictures in the first post of this topic are not showing up for me Nessy.

Just getting the X's instead.

Thank you Flopsy for catching that error. The screenshots should be fixed now :).

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2017, 04:26:28 PM »
Okay, so I finally watched the replies. Sorry that it took me so long :(. I'm very bad at remembering to do it so thanks for your patience.

If I don't mention a level it's because the solution to that level is intended or acceptable.

Akseli (click to show/hide)

Proxima (click to show/hide)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
Got some more replays for you! I'd struggled with Headache 1 last time I tried it, but today I got it really quickly, and after that, once I got into these, none of them were too much trouble. Prisoners was hard, I took a while to spot the last trick even after getting the rest of the solution. You Know the Drill was really easy, there wasn't much available to try except the correct solution 8-) and I saved 100% in The Depths, a level that Flopsy said he struggled with.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »
Thank you Proxima for the replays :):

Comments (click to show/hide)