Author Topic: Experimental Releases  (Read 27855 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental Releases
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2017, 08:28:47 AM »
Yes you're right, I was doing that.

That's greatly improved things, but now it's moved onto the program getting the "stopped working" message during conversions.

It converts all the levels up until the point that it stops working and puts them in the levels folder however.

Tried Lemmingbytes v1.1, SEB Lems partial, Lemmings Reunion, all of these nxps get the stop working message however LPI completed.

Either way, thanks again namida :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2017, 08:57:31 AM »
Be sure you converted every missing tileset the pack uses first. The converter stopped for me as well when I did not converted the tilesets first. After that it ran as expected.

Reunion is sure to be stopping for you as you miss 2 currently hidden tilesets -->  http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3310.0
I am the only one until after the format change who is able to fully autoconvert the pack.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »
Experimental player V11.14.19:c474af8.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=153

Changes:
- NeoLemmix itself and the graphic set convertor are now compiled with Delphi XE6 instead of Delphi 7. The NXP convertor is still the Delphi 7 version, as I believe the current NXP loading code does not work properly when compiled in XE6 and have not yet tracked down the cause of this. You may notice slight differences in dialog-based menus (in particular any open / save file dialogs), and possibly better performance in some areas, but the EXE file sizes are much larger.
- Will be able to handle LVL > NXLV conversion via a command line parameter, to remove the need for Nepster's editor to keep the LVL>NXLV conversion code up to date. (Requires support to be added on his editor's side before this will be useful.)
- Level preview image is shown on the level select menu. No other information (except title / author) yet.
- Fixed a bug with saving / loading of progress data and added levelpacks / levels.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2017, 12:24:24 AM »
About the NXPconverter thing
Can there be a feature where you can put as many single levels files as you want and have the converter do the rest?
Because I don't want to save one level at a time in a new format editor for EVERY SINGLE LEVEL FILE because I haven't made an NXP file for them yet
It want to cut that time in half because of that

also
a similar converter for graphic sets with the same idea I listed here?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2017, 02:48:58 AM »
For levels, it won't be hard to make something.

For graphic sets, this can already be done: Put all your graphic sets (and no other .DAT files!) that you want to convert in the same folder as GSConvert / NeoLemmix, run GSConvert, and type "*all" (without the quotes, but WITH the asterisk). It'll convert all of them one by one. Text instruction files are still supported when doing this.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2017, 04:30:31 AM »
That is convenient, That'll make the shift to the new format easy :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
Experimental player V11.1419:ab6c320.

Fresh download: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=155
Upgrade from c474af8 ONLY (may work from other versions but not tested): http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=154

Changes:
- NXP conversion tool is now also compiled with Delphi XE6.
- Fixed bug: Seemingly meaningless error message pops up if sound panning fails. (This is the cause of the "levels: 5" error message you were getting, Wafflem)
- NeoLemmix no longer crashes if BASS.DLL is missing or fails to load; it just displays an error message then continues running (albeit without sound, as BASS.DLL is repsonsible for sound handling)
- "particles.dat" is once again built into the EXE rather than being external.
- Can load levels from Lemmini, SuperLemmini and Lemmins (subject to the graphic set being available, and some features are not supported such as custom fall distance; also, currently Lemmins levels load with a generic title rather than the correct one); this will also allow Nepster's NLEditor to load these once he releases an update that uses NeoLemmix itself to handle conversion
- When loading non-NeoLemmix levels (this even includes LVL files now), they are converted to NXLV and the NXLV file is placed in the "levels" folder. Manually-loaded NXLV files continue to be kept in their original location and loaded from there.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
Experimental player V11.14.19:1cf3523.

Fresh download: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=160
Upgrade from ab6c320: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=158

Changes:
- Fixed bug: When running in windowed mode, the window size is not loaded correctly at startup.
- The way release rate works has been changed, see below for more details.
- Made some changes to the preview screen. In particular, the preview screen now won't mention a time limit at all on levels that don't have one, rather than stating it as infinite.
- Level titles and music tracks can now be loaded for Lemmins levels.
- Talismans are now working again, although there's very little indication of it (only the "You unlocked a talisman!" text on the postview screen, and the contents of the save file)
- Added an option to display spawn interval (ie: number of frames between lemming spawns) instead of release rate in-game, this option is disabled by default.
- Some additions to the Pillar and Honeycomb graphic sets.
- Removed the "Select Unused Lemming" hotkey.
- Added some stuff to improve integration with Nepster's NLEditor.
- Slight changes to the NXLV file format (specifically, they now contain a spawn interval rather than a release rate).
- Configuration data is now stored in the "save" folder; you can delete the config INI files in the main folder once you've run this version once.

New release rate mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:22:31 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »
Unfortunately there are a few bugs:
- After resizing the game window, the new window size is not saved.
- When reading the window size from the settings file, not the useful space is set to this value (as it was done before), but the total window size including the borders and the top bar. However when saving, the old value is used. This results in a smaller window every time you open the player. ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2017, 02:53:19 AM »
Yeah, seems the window sizing code that worked fine on D7 is a bit iffy on XE6. I've also noticed the game doesn't always quite cover the full screen area when switching from windowed to fullscreen.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2017, 05:22:37 AM »
Previous fresh download was missing bass.dll; I've attached it to this post for those who downloaded the fresh install but need this file. Place it in the same folder as NeoLemmix.exe.

For anyone who's downloading it now, I've fixed this; you only need to download it from this post if you got the fresh install copy that was missing it.
My Lemmings projects